124 replies to this topic

#121 lynnelise

lynnelise

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

I would never post a review unless I had actually eaten at the restaurant. I will say that when this first was posted I looked at their reviews on Trip Advisor and very few were flattering. This was before the "scandal" broke and none of them were from celiacs. Mostly along the lines of "used to love this place but it's gone way downhill" and "don't waste your money". So they can't 100% blame their shoddy reviews on the gluten free community!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#122 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

I noted the same, lynnelise. Nearly every business has to go into damage control mode at some point over something, and it is entirely proper that they defend whatever reputation they have, but you can't blame the public for talking about something so brainless and harmful and wanting to know (and everyone else to know) where that idiot worked.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#123 Coolclimates

Coolclimates

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

what a spineless jerk. Huge shame on him.

#124 Ellie84

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

I didn't notice this until today. It's horrible :( Hopefully all the publicity will make people think twice about gambling with our health.
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

#125 Desi83

Desi83

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Wow, that is scary. I pretty much just go to Jason's Deli now because they handed me a copy to keep of their Gluten free menu, and they ask me every time if it is an allergy, and then they write "Gluten allergy" on the order sheet so that the cooks will change their gloves and be careful of cross contamination. I am seriously afraid of going into a restaurant that has the attitude of this ignorant chef.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: