Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Weight Loss

10 posts in this topic

I am curious to if a lot of you lost a lot of weight when you went gluten-free?

Ads by Google:

I have been gluten-free for about 5 weeks. I have lost 20-25 lbs so far. But most importantly, my stomach bloating has subsided. My pants are falling down!!!! lol. Still wearing my 46 waist pants, only because I have not been shopping yet. Gonna wait and see how much I lose before I buy new clothes. If I went shopping today looks like I would fit in a 42 waist.

I am curious to if a lot of you lost a lot of weight when you went gluten-free?

I'm 10 months gluten and casein free. I lost 46 pounds in the first 6 months. I'm trying to loose some more, but I can't.

I would like to loose 20- 30 more. My weight for the past 4 months is same. I don't like it, but I'm very happy that I didn't gain weight back yet. I hope that it will never happen.

The advices(stick with the whole food) that people gave me in this forum were right.

i lost about 30 pounds last summer before I was diagnosed, all in about 5 months.

I have since put at least 20 back on since last September...which I guess means that I am absorbing calories again, so am trying to not stress about it!

I struggled to lose weight for 10 years with no success. I went gluten free 13 months ago and have lost 42 pounds, putting me at my goal weight.

I've lost 30 pounds since going Gluten-free. However, I'm trying. Also, my blood pressure has gone down (it wasn't high, but it was just on the brink of above normal).

I was always around 120 but there were episodes in my life where I ballooned up to 180 lbs and always with severe depression, anxiety, headaches and it would last for a year or two. This has happened 4 times in my life and now I know it was related to gluten.

6 months ago I went gluten free. I started dropping weight right away and have continued to lose until now I am 110 which I am thrilled about because at 5 feet tall, I look chubby at 120. I never thought I would be 110.

AND I eat more now than I ever have in my life...I never tried to lose a pound of this.

I just went gluten free and my body has responded beautifully.

yep. always a good 20-30lbs lighter when gluten free

Well, I hate to burst any bubbles here, but dang, I gained weight! But then, at the time, I played with a LOT of prepackaged foods. Since I've gone down to mostly whole foods and limited complex carbs, I've lost 25 pounds. :) I'm jealous of y'all that have lost weight by just going off gluten. My gut apparently likes the gluten free stuff a little too much. :) But it's getting much, much better....

I'm on the weight gain side to which was great for me because prior to my diagnosis I had lost an extreme amount of weight in a very short period of time. I needed to gain some of it back because I was verging on skeletal and it was not healthy looking. I had started to even out until recently when I started to lose weight rapidly again. Who knows?