Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Ibs Diagnosis But I Think It's Celiac

3 posts in this topic

I have had nothing but problems in the last 10 years----I am 37. First, depression and anxiety,weight gain,asthma,thyroid problems,canker sores, more weight gain. I have put on 100 pounds and now a size 20, although I exercise daily. I finally referred myself to a GI last month, who ran the celiac panel tests. Came back normal. Still, he did the endoscopy and colonoscopy and that was done yesterday. Doctors told my mom and I yesterday I don't have Celiac.....probably IBS; said I had acid reflux with mild stomach erosion. Told me to diet and exercise and come back in May for a follow-up. Gave me a prescription for the acid reflux. Also did quite a bit of biopsies and the results come back in 2 weeks. But why would he say I don't have Celiac? He must suspect it for the biopsies,right?

Ads by Google:

He can't rule it out completely until the biopsies are back. At any rate, you should give the gluten free diet a try. You're done with testing, so there's no reason not to. Try it for 6 months or so and see how you feel.

also- i HIGHLY recommend- that you request your own paper copies of the results from your Celiac panel- you would be surprised to know how difficult it can be to see a positive or a negative to them-> there's many antibodies they can check for. many times they miss the positive, or dont test for enough. my doctors are ALWAYS missing something in my results! seriously!