2 replies to this topic

#1 CruiseWriter

CruiseWriter

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I have had nothing but problems in the last 10 years----I am 37. First, depression and anxiety,weight gain,asthma,thyroid problems,canker sores, more weight gain. I have put on 100 pounds and now a size 20, although I exercise daily. I finally referred myself to a GI last month, who ran the celiac panel tests. Came back normal. Still, he did the endoscopy and colonoscopy and that was done yesterday. Doctors told my mom and I yesterday I don't have Celiac.....probably IBS; said I had acid reflux with mild stomach erosion. Told me to diet and exercise and come back in May for a follow-up. Gave me a prescription for the acid reflux. Also did quite a bit of biopsies and the results come back in 2 weeks. But why would he say I don't have Celiac? He must suspect it for the biopsies,right?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 starrytrekchic

starrytrekchic

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

He can't rule it out completely until the biopsies are back. At any rate, you should give the gluten free diet a try. You're done with testing, so there's no reason not to. Try it for 6 months or so and see how you feel.

#3 cassP

cassP

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

also- i HIGHLY recommend- that you request your own paper copies of the results from your Celiac panel- you would be surprised to know how difficult it can be to see a positive or a negative to them-> there's many antibodies they can check for. many times they miss the positive, or dont test for enough. my doctors are ALWAYS missing something in my results! seriously!
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: