#1 sydneysmommy

sydneysmommy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

http://www.kjct8.com..._medium=twitter

I saw his facebook page before it was removed.
he boasted about serving customers regular pasta after they requested gluten free and laughed about it calling them "experimental projects" bc he thought gluten intolerance was a joke. One of his 'friends' did pipe in and post "have you ever heard of celiac disease. it will make you very sick. you shouldnt play around like that" but he didnt pay attention to her. another noted her friends son has autism and does the diet to aid in his treatment. again, he didn't acknowledge her.

he then made other rantings and posts about his customers, joked about the elderly or rednecks or cheapskates etc. then "liberal hippy retards" came up again.... that's us. people who request gluten free. (apparently we're a major pain in the butt and he doesn't believe for a second we have any validity in our 'claims' or needs so he just serves us regular pasta and calls it gluten free.... then SAYS nothing happens to us).

he cusses a lot too.

well i guess one of his friends became alarmed and took a screen shot of these and sent them to his restaurant. he got fired but it made its way around some gluten free facebook communities and several news channels. the facebook was soon deleted.

but this is SO scary to me.

if just ONE chef like this feels this way, has this philosophy or attitude-- HOW MANY OTHERS ARE OUT THERE????

and I wonder if that's why I've had such a hard time eating out lately????
aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

by the way, that gi doctor quoted in that news clip doesn't even chip away the tip of the iceberg on "cileac" disease in that article.... another scary thought. who is this doctor?
Sara, Austin TX
Diagnosed Celiac Disease
2001 via endoscope
gluten free for 10 years!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:58 AM

http://www.kjct8.com/news/27377743/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I saw his facebook page before it was removed.
he boasted about serving customers regular pasta after they requested gluten free and laughed about it calling them "experimental projects" bc he thought gluten intolerance was a joke. One of his 'friends' did pipe in and post "have you ever heard of celiac disease. it will make you very sick. you shouldnt play around like that" but he didnt pay attention to her. another noted her friends son has autism and does the diet to aid in his treatment. again, he didn't acknowledge her.

he then made other rantings and posts about his customers, joked about the elderly or rednecks or cheapskates etc. then "liberal hippy retards" came up again.... that's us. people who request gluten free. (apparently we're a major pain in the butt and he doesn't believe for a second we have any validity in our 'claims' or needs so he just serves us regular pasta and calls it gluten free.... then SAYS nothing happens to us).

he cusses a lot too.

well i guess one of his friends became alarmed and took a screen shot of these and sent them to his restaurant. he got fired but it made its way around some gluten free facebook communities and several news channels. the facebook was soon deleted.

but this is SO scary to me.

if just ONE chef like this feels this way, has this philosophy or attitude-- HOW MANY OTHERS ARE OUT THERE????

and I wonder if that's why I've had such a hard time eating out lately????
aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

by the way, that gi doctor quoted in that news clip doesn't even chip away the tip of the iceberg on "cileac" disease in that article.... another scary thought. who is this doctor?

Check the topic on here about the FB chef from yesterday.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

he's in the news!! Posted right here by admin.

http://www.9news.com...ext|FRONTPAGE|t

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 catsmeow

catsmeow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:14 AM

Here's another article about it. It says he lied about being a chef. It says he wasjust a part time waiter. This article also reads that several people have filed formal complaints with The Colorado Attorney General's office. It makes me so happy that I can stand with such a powerful group of people (Celiacs), even though I have a wheat allergy, our interests are the same, and I am grateful to be on their side, and to benefit from the dedication and work that the Celiac organizations put into making our lives better.

http://www.postindep...profile=1074104

You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

Here's another article about it. It says he lied about being a chef. It says he wasjust a part time waiter. This article also reads that several people have filed formal complaints with The Colorado Attorney General's office. It makes me so happy that I can stand with such a powerful group of people (Celiacs), even though I have a wheat allergy, our interests are the same, and I am grateful to be on their side, and to benefit from the dedication and work that the Celiac organizations put into making our lives better.

http://www.postindep...profile=1074104

He might not have been a chef at Florindos but may have done this in a previous job.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

He might not have been a chef at Florindos but may have done this in a previous job.

And he could have put in the order slip for regular pasta when gluten free pasta was requested at any restaurant he worked in as a waiter!
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: