Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Have You Heard About This Chef?

6 posts in this topic

http://www.kjct8.com/news/27377743/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I saw his facebook page before it was removed.

he boasted about serving customers regular pasta after they requested gluten free and laughed about it calling them "experimental projects" bc he thought gluten intolerance was a joke. One of his 'friends' did pipe in and post "have you ever heard of celiac disease. it will make you very sick. you shouldnt play around like that" but he didnt pay attention to her. another noted her friends son has autism and does the diet to aid in his treatment. again, he didn't acknowledge her.

he then made other rantings and posts about his customers, joked about the elderly or rednecks or cheapskates etc. then "liberal hippy retards" came up again.... that's us. people who request gluten free. (apparently we're a major pain in the butt and he doesn't believe for a second we have any validity in our 'claims' or needs so he just serves us regular pasta and calls it gluten free.... then SAYS nothing happens to us).

he cusses a lot too.

well i guess one of his friends became alarmed and took a screen shot of these and sent them to his restaurant. he got fired but it made its way around some gluten free facebook communities and several news channels. the facebook was soon deleted.

but this is SO scary to me.

if just ONE chef like this feels this way, has this philosophy or attitude-- HOW MANY OTHERS ARE OUT THERE????

and I wonder if that's why I've had such a hard time eating out lately????

aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

by the way, that gi doctor quoted in that news clip doesn't even chip away the tip of the iceberg on "cileac" disease in that article.... another scary thought. who is this doctor?

Ads by Google:

http://www.kjct8.com/news/27377743/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I saw his facebook page before it was removed.

he boasted about serving customers regular pasta after they requested gluten free and laughed about it calling them "experimental projects" bc he thought gluten intolerance was a joke. One of his 'friends' did pipe in and post "have you ever heard of celiac disease. it will make you very sick. you shouldnt play around like that" but he didnt pay attention to her. another noted her friends son has autism and does the diet to aid in his treatment. again, he didn't acknowledge her.

he then made other rantings and posts about his customers, joked about the elderly or rednecks or cheapskates etc. then "liberal hippy retards" came up again.... that's us. people who request gluten free. (apparently we're a major pain in the butt and he doesn't believe for a second we have any validity in our 'claims' or needs so he just serves us regular pasta and calls it gluten free.... then SAYS nothing happens to us).

he cusses a lot too.

well i guess one of his friends became alarmed and took a screen shot of these and sent them to his restaurant. he got fired but it made its way around some gluten free facebook communities and several news channels. the facebook was soon deleted.

but this is SO scary to me.

if just ONE chef like this feels this way, has this philosophy or attitude-- HOW MANY OTHERS ARE OUT THERE????

and I wonder if that's why I've had such a hard time eating out lately????

aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

by the way, that gi doctor quoted in that news clip doesn't even chip away the tip of the iceberg on "cileac" disease in that article.... another scary thought. who is this doctor?

Check the topic on here about the FB chef from yesterday.

Here's another article about it. It says he lied about being a chef. It says he wasjust a part time waiter. This article also reads that several people have filed formal complaints with The Colorado Attorney General's office. It makes me so happy that I can stand with such a powerful group of people (Celiacs), even though I have a wheat allergy, our interests are the same, and I am grateful to be on their side, and to benefit from the dedication and work that the Celiac organizations put into making our lives better.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20110331/VALLEYNEWS/110339996/1001&parentprofile=1074104

Here's another article about it. It says he lied about being a chef. It says he wasjust a part time waiter. This article also reads that several people have filed formal complaints with The Colorado Attorney General's office. It makes me so happy that I can stand with such a powerful group of people (Celiacs), even though I have a wheat allergy, our interests are the same, and I am grateful to be on their side, and to benefit from the dedication and work that the Celiac organizations put into making our lives better.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20110331/VALLEYNEWS/110339996/1001&parentprofile=1074104

He might not have been a chef at Florindos but may have done this in a previous job.

He might not have been a chef at Florindos but may have done this in a previous job.

And he could have put in the order slip for regular pasta when gluten free pasta was requested at any restaurant he worked in as a waiter!