3 replies to this topic

#1 clogger69

clogger69

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

The Dr. Oz show had a segment on a antioxidant supplement called Astaxanthin and all the wonderful things in could do. I went right out to my local health store to purchase some, as had, it turns out everyone else in town. They had one bottle of one mg left, which I bought. It was Solaray brand. The bottle does not say gluten free, but I did not see anything that looked like gluten listed. I took a morning and eve dose with food. At 5:00 am I woke up very nauseated. Took another morning dose and by 3:00 am sick again. I called the 1-800 number and they said they cannot guarantee that there is no cross contamination so now I am afraid to take anymore. So far can't find a brand that says gluten fee.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 clogger69

clogger69

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

I found a gluten free brand, the Now brand, and a local health store has it on order!

#3 WhoKnew

WhoKnew

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I know you posted this 2 years ago but... thanks for sharing!  I was just googling trying to find out if Solaray Astaxanthin 1mg is Gluten Free and you have pretty much answered that for me.

The Dr. Oz show had a segment on a antioxidant supplement called Astaxanthin and all the wonderful things in could do. I went right out to my local health store to purchase some, as had, it turns out everyone else in town. They had one bottle of one mg left, which I bought. It was Solaray brand. The bottle does not say gluten free, but I did not see anything that looked like gluten listed. I took a morning and eve dose with food. At 5:00 am I woke up very nauseated. Took another morning dose and by 3:00 am sick again. I called the 1-800 number and they said they cannot guarantee that there is no cross contamination so now I am afraid to take anymore. So far can't find a brand that says gluten fee.

#4 christycancan

christycancan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Does anyone know if 'NOW' brand of Astanxanthin, is the ONLY one that claims to be gluten-free?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: