23 replies to this topic

#16 Monklady123

Monklady123

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Budweiser makes Red Bridge...it's "ok" and it's beer but it's not the Bud Select I used to love. And if you aren't a Bud drinker, you probably won't like it at all. I'm still looking for a good gluten-free beer.

Yeah, Red Bridge is okay. I bought some recently and got good and cold and it was good with some bbq. Problem is that it's too darn cold here still and for me beer is a summer thing. :) -- So, while it's not a good dark beer, I think it will be good ice cold in our 100 degree 90%+ humidity summers.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 color_me_confused

color_me_confused

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Budweiser makes Red Bridge...it's "ok" and it's beer but it's not the Bud Select I used to love. And if you aren't a Bud drinker, you probably won't like it at all. I'm still looking for a good gluten-free beer.

I just tried it ice cold. My favorite beers have always been IPA's, ESB's, stouts, and other highly hopped, bitter beers. I wasn't much of a lighter beer drinker. I thought the Red Bridge was perfectly decent for a lager and didn't have too much sweetness. I can live with this. Wine and mixed drinks are always an option.

#18 BillJ

BillJ

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

I just tried it ice cold. My favorite beers have always been IPA's, ESB's, stouts, and other highly hopped, bitter beers. I wasn't much of a lighter beer drinker. I thought the Red Bridge was perfectly decent for a lager and didn't have too much sweetness. I can live with this. Wine and mixed drinks are always an option.

So is wine gluten free then ? Man This is going to be an interesting road !

#19 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

:D :D :D
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#20 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

I hate to admit this but McDonalds...Whenever I see that Big Mac on tv, I get really mad!

#21 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

I hate to admit this but McDonalds...Whenever I see that Big Mac on tv, I get really mad!

Well, may I say that if that was one of your staples it's probably just as well you can't have it :P
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#22 Monklady123

Monklady123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

Finishing off a nice glass of chardonnay right now, with some potato chips. -- Now, ask me why I haven't lost any weight since I went gluten free. :rolleyes:

#23 anabananakins

anabananakins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Nothing would make me cheat, but I am nearly brought to me knees every now and again but the realisation I can never eat __________ again. They didn't occur to me all at once, which is probably for the best! Some good news though - just as I was facing the prospect of a Hot Cross Bun-less easter, I saw itty bitty gluten free ones in the frozen food section of the supermarket. I think in the interests of research I need to buy some today.

I think it helps that I eat most of my meals either alone at home or in my office with my coworker. She's awesomely supportive, and since she's been bringing her lunch lately too, I don't often get lunch envy. If I feel deprived I make pancakes or a jacket potato for dinner. Melted butter makes me quite happy :-)

#24 BillJ

BillJ

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

I was thinking about it yesterday ...And there is one thing I would cheat for ...Just once and then I would let it go ...In 2001 I went to Europe for the first time .I was 25 on my first great adventure..We were in London and we went into this Pub ...It must have 30 beers on tap .Non of them any such rubbish as an american beer ! We are talking great English and European beers ...SO my cousin and I started at one end and began our quest to get to the other end ...You know ...25 can drink like a rock star ...Seriously up for the challenge ! Well about 6 or 7 in I pick up my pint glass and It was like I found the holy grail ! Liquid gold ! CAFFREYS CREME ALE! My quest was over there ...I stopped and drank that for the rest of the night and any where else in Europe they sold it ...Well I got home to the US and began my quest to find this heavenly brew only to find out they had stopped distributing it in the US ! I was devastated! Like finding your soul mate and then being told you can never see them again ! Well if I ever go to Europe again ..WHICH I WILL ! I will try this again just for the memory and then will walk away ...... That is the one and only thing I can think of that I would sell my gluten free soul for ...May have been the trip too ...But it is such a wonderful memory I have to relive it just 1 more time .... Let the nay Sayers say what they will but I will sacrifice to relive that just 1 more time ..... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: