6 replies to this topic

#1 dube

dube

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm getting so fustrated lately. Does anyone have a delayed reaction time when eating gluten? How do you know what caused the problem...I had dinner tonight, absolutely NO gluten! (gluten-free Spegetti, Sauce, Salad and Wishbone Ranch)...after dinner I've been in the bathroom three times with the big D! Look back because I've been keeping a food log and I think my reaction time is two days. I think I'm having this problem from something I ate two days ago..this morning I went completely normal...Does this make any sense???

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 StephHappens

StephHappens

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

Some people seem to have a reaction RIGHT AWAY. Mine is always the same. I eat and everything is pretty normal, then I go to bed and wake up with a horrible intense headache, heartburn, intestinal cramping, D, and pain in my jaw joints. It lasts about 24 hours and then I feel ok again. But, it's always after I go to sleep and wake up. I never start feeling it right away. That's just me though...everyone is different. It is good you are keeping a journal. I am starting that too. It's only been 4 months since I've been diagnosed and I am averaging getting glutenated about 1-2 times a month. I think it'll get to the point where you'll know exactly how your body will react and what you ate. Hang in there!

#3 iamsarar

iamsarar

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

Some people seem to have a reaction RIGHT AWAY. Mine is always the same. I eat and everything is pretty normal, then I go to bed and wake up with a horrible intense headache, heartburn, intestinal cramping, D, and pain in my jaw joints. It lasts about 24 hours and then I feel ok again. But, it's always after I go to sleep and wake up. I never start feeling it right away. That's just me though...everyone is different. It is good you are keeping a journal. I am starting that too. It's only been 4 months since I've been diagnosed and I am averaging getting glutenated about 1-2 times a month. I think it'll get to the point where you'll know exactly how your body will react and what you ate. Hang in there!

I am the same way when I eat gluten. I go to bed fine and wake up feeling awful. Some times it can be 24 or 48 hours after.

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

I feel it the next morning like the two previous posters. It takes my son 2 days to feel it. Boy was that confusing until we figured it out!

#5 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

THis wouldn't happen to be Deboles pasta would it? I ate some last night and got really really sick. I emailed them and they don't have ddedicated equipment apart from their whole wheat pasta.

#6 dube

dube

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

THis wouldn't happen to be Deboles pasta would it? I ate some last night and got really really sick. I emailed them and they don't have ddedicated equipment apart from their whole wheat pasta.

I eat Tinkyada pasta...which is not the culprit. I've been eating it for six months now. I think I'm having a problem with vinegar...damn...or maybe dairy. I'm going to have to do the process of elimination....this really ticks me off...

#7 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

I also take a long time to react. I think that I react about 24 hours after ingestion of the culprit. But I can't be for sure. But that is my guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: