Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rice Krispies Going gluten-free!

8 posts in this topic

Did anyone hear the news?! Kelloggs Rice Krispies will be gluten free and made with brown rice starting in June! Yay! Can't wait to make some rice krispies treats!

Ads by Google:

Thats good news but lets hope that they are made on dedicated lines or I forsee major cc issues.

Hopefully one day we'll see this and Chex and a host of other things available in Canada...especially Lea & Perrins Worcestershire!

huh. At my school they have rice crispies over with the chex with a huge "GLUTEN FREE" label on them.

Should I tell someone they aren't gluten-free yet...?

considering that's the only gluten-free options available in the caf... (I don't have a meal plan)

Current Rice Krispies are not gluten free as they have malt in them.

Are they just a rice cereal or are they actually the Rice Krispies brand? If they are the latter it should be moved.

I'll have a friend check for me and maybe talk to the appropriate people.

If I were a freshman or something I would fight for celiac-friendly caf. But I'm a senior living off campus and don't care enough to do it. But still if it's mislabeled that is bad.

the gluten-free rice krispies will have gluten free on the front of the box--any other are not gluten-free!!! Please check the box because the new gluten-free ones are not out as yet!!!!

And my understanding is that these are a SEPARATE and NEW product. The old non-gluten-free ones will still be out there, but they will have a gluten-free version too.