1 reply to this topic

#1 Evangeline

Evangeline

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

As I browse these Celiac message boards, I see so many Celiacs have leaky gut syndrome and allergies to so many foods. Medical studies find that the intestines of many Celiacs remain inflamed and damaged 10 years after beginning a strict gluten-free diet.

Then there is Dr. Osborne who is a Celiac doctor who advocates a grain-free diet for all Celiacs. He points out that gluten is in all grains and he believes that many Celiacs react to gluten in general. He opposes the present medical community's belief that all Celiacs only react to gliadin which is found in wheat, barley rye.

I found a blog written by a Celiac who decided to try Dr. Osbrone's advice. He took IGG tests before and after. This is from his blog:

"My IGG level dropped from the 70's initially [after a gluten-free diet], but never got any lower than 33. My doctor suggested in 2005 that if the IGG level was still in the 30's after a couple years on the diet, it probably would not improve, and I most likely had some permanent damage from the disease that kept it still high. So I stopped testing at that point, deciding it was not worth the cost to track my progress. Out of curiosity, I decided to retest these antibodies again [after a grain-free diet] and to my amazement, my IGG level was at a 2, the lowest it has been since diagnosis and within normal range which is 0-19. This was exciting news.

His absorption also improved when he changed from gluten-free to grain-free:
"Ferritin previously at 26 was now 73 (normal 10-291)
Vitamin B12 previously at 320 was now 451 (normal 211-911)
Vitamin D previously at 33.1 was now 39.2 (normal 4.8-52.8)"

"To me this is confirmation that Dr. Osborne and Elaine Gottschall were on the right track although years apart. So here I am on a grain-free diet hoping to share the wonderful information these two have given me with you."
Source: http://www.pdxgluten...ned-i-have.html

If many Celiacs are reacting to all grains because of gluten and not gliadin, it would be important to make sure that all vitamins and supplements are also grain-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Evangeline

Evangeline

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

For those of you looking for more information, scroll down this page and watch the video:
http://www.glutenfre...ity-what-is-it/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: