Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Probiotics Causing Yeast Die Off? Feel Awful!

• Please log in to reply

No replies to this topic

#1 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

I was shy about asking this, but I am desperate.

Anyone have ugly yeast die off from probiotics?

My GYN doctor has me using some that are ahem...insertable....and I also take them orally every day. I do not see any yeast, but a microscopic eval of tissue shows there is some and there's major inflammation---tissues are greatly affected by the celiac/gluten. She said all leaky guts have yeast, whether you see it or not. I know, I said...I asked the doctor about this but it did not show on digestive stool samples, so HE said there wasn't any....so, what gives??

Another friend of mine said she felt like dying when she went through this...um, yeah, that might be kinder :unsure:
It's ugly and I feel pretty rotten and besides drinking a lot of water and soaking in a tub (which tailbone pain prevents me from doing) or sitting in a sauna, getting a massage....

Are there any other suggestions?? I would be very grateful.

Thanks! as you can imagine, I' m not very hungry and all my symptoms--the bowel ones and even the anxiety/depression that was subsiding--are turned up to a million right now...I have read this can happen. The Herxheimer effect--and that you just have to tough it out until it passes.

Man, I feel like hell.... :huh:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: