Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Abdominal Pressure Points Or Tender Spots?

• Please log in to reply

21 replies to this topic

#16 vegasvic

vegasvic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

:unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 vegasvic

vegasvic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:28 PM

:blink: hello
I am new !
my sister found this forum board and suggested I look into it- i have been having off and on pain on my right lower side for over 12 years-
It has gotten worse over the years and now I have loose stools, feel horrible and full sometimes after eating only a little and have more pain on my side when my stomach is full, bloating, gas, sometimes constipation and when I walk alot I get right sided pain- it seems to flare up if I walk!!
Recently got my gall bladder out (6 months ago) and this hasn't helped with the pain. If I don't go to the bathroom right away I get sharp side pains- already been tested for appendicitus but was negative, also for ovarian cysts, female probs, etc. I am 30 and just married- Want to start a family but not until pain goes away!
Does anyone else have right sided pain or symptoms like mine? If so, were you diagnosed with celiac? I love bread but would stop eating it if it meant no more pain.

#18 lisa922

lisa922

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

Meenucat -

I know exactly what you mean! My pain is above my belly button and right under where my ribs comes together under my sternum. If a doctor examines me and pushes on it, then it hurts a lot. Do you still have you gallbladder? My pain started when I had some weird gastro attack and then it turned out only 1% of my gallbladder worked. That was removed and I had a lot less pain, but still a weird kind of bloaty feeling there. Then, about 15 months later, another attack and I was told I had a stone in my bile duct. Bloodwork indicated Celiac, so they did an ERCP and swept out the bile duct (of course the stone was suddenly gone by the time they got in there) and did the biopsy at the same time. They cut this little muscle in there to promote a better bile flow and I've had a lot less pressure since then. Of course, I'm also on the gluten-free diet now since the biopsy was positive, so it's hard to tell what helped the pressure. For the most part, the weird "swelling" is still there, but it doesn't seem as sensitive as much.

LISA

#19 vegasvic

vegasvic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:47 AM

I had my gallbladder out in October (10 days before my wedding!)
Right sided pain still there though and all same symptoms as before- however- I too had a weird "Gastro" attack before I ended up in the ER- felt like a knife in my side and major gas/ diahrrea, could barely move etc. Like a weird "attack"-
So I had hoped the surgery would get rid of chronic pain-but didn't.

My sister works in surgery- she asked one of the surgeons about my complaints and he said to have an ERCP done- or at least an MRI- I asked my GI doc and she said she wanted to try me on a few more meds (!!) before doing more tests (??)
So she put me on Robinul Forte-didn't help-
I am going back next week to her and demanding an MRI-
from researching the internet and going on forums it sounds more and more like a stone is still in there- ALso ended up in the ER (twice in 2 weeks) with extreme "Gall baldder like" attacks- middle of the chest pain which radiated to my back like someone was trying to pull an arrow out of me the wrong way (I never had this type of pain prior to my surgery)
Utterly confused!!
I had asked doc to test me for a wheat allergy about 2 months ago- she said one test was + but one was neg. -- I falied to ask her more details but will now that I know more about all this-
I am considering buying a test from enterlab- have you done this?

#20 lisa922

lisa922

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:42 AM

No, I have not ordered a test yet from Enterolab, but I am most likely going to do that soon. You may want to consider having an Endoscopic Ultrasound. In this test, they go in through your mouth and then are able to ultrasound the bile duct to see if there are any stones in there. My GI did that prior to the ERCP since with ERCP there is a risk of developing pancreatitis. The ultrasound showed the small stone, so I thought that was my problem and they'd go whip it out and then I'd be fine. Needless to say, I was bummed that has not been the case. The only thing is, I guess you have to know whether they're going to treat you or do it in 2 stages. I had 2 procedures since one did the ultrasound and another did the ERCP. I've also read that you should make sure you have someone with a lot of experience do the ERCP because of the risks. Today, I have had the recurrence of pain under my right rib cage and pale stools. It doesn't make sense to have done all this stuff and still be having problems! I have also just learned that there is a genetic test for Celiac. You're supposed to ask for the HLAeq2 and HLAdq8 tests (I don't know which letters are supposed to be capitalized and which are not). I am just not 100% certain I have Celiac and so I am going to pursue having this test done. It may just be that I am in denial, but, as you well know, when you have procedures done that are supposed to "cure" you and they don't, you get a little wary of any subsequent diagnosis. Let me know how things work out for you! I'll be on the lookout for your username.

LISA

#21 vegasvic

vegasvic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

thanks for the reply-
I have been reading more about enterolab- I checked the internet high and low for negative info and found none so I felt comfortable and ordered the $349 test- it tests for Celiac disease/genetic/ and milk allergy too. I'll let you know how it goes-
I go to GI doc this Tuesday and will find out more info on the test she did on me before- (I asked her a long time ago to run a wheat allergy test (blood)- had it done and all she said was "One part was positive and one was negative" and basically the part that was positive doesn't mean anything (Ok?)
So I blew it off and went back to trying meds for IBS (Zelnorm, Nulev) but they didn't help -so I'm back to square one. Now that I'm learning more about this i am going to pay more attention!
Let me know how you are feeling- Sorry to hear the pain is coming back-mine is there about 80% of the time..and my diahrrea is getting worse.
The ERCP test sounds a little scary- Have you heard if an MRI works too to see if a stone is present?
That would be my luck too-have it down and have no change
I am so sick of being poked and proded (I have no veins practically!-usually takes 2, 3 sometimes 4 times to find one!)
Sorry I sound so negative- this has been going on for years and am losing patience!
Good luck and let me know how you're feeling!!
-VegasVic

#22 Guest_Nita_*

Guest_Nita_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

Hi Meenucat: Sorry to read about your pain. I am experiencing the same kind of pain all over my abdomen and I nearly fell off my chair when I read that you can't wear tight pants!! I haven't been able to wear a proper size for years and thought I was the only person in the world with that problem. They always have to be at least one size too large and I can't stand elastic waistbands.
The pressure from the belt triggers the pain and it will last all day. I haven't been diagnosed with celiac yet but am going on that assumption and have been gluten-free for 3 months with positive results. Good luck to you. Nita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: