1 reply to this topic

#1 catarific

catarific

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

I have tried using the Silk Vanilla Almond Milk and as long as I use just a small amount in cereal I am okay. But, yesterday, I made the mistake of having a glass of milk and had diarrhea for the better part of yesterday and some again this morning.

Have any of you had a similar reaction?

Which substitute have you tried that works well for you and that you would recommend?

Thanks.....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

I have tried using the Silk Vanilla Almond Milk and as long as I use just a small amount in cereal I am okay. But, yesterday, I made the mistake of having a glass of milk and had diarrhea for the better part of yesterday and some again this morning.

Have any of you had a similar reaction?

Which substitute have you tried that works well for you and that you would recommend?

Thanks.....

I have almost the same problem as you do....when I ingest a larger amount of anything milky, I have problems. I am lactose challenged and can only tolerate very small amounts of cow's milk. I essentially only put it in my tea. I tried soy milk and am going to try almond milk but, even though I tolerate soy milk much better than dairy, it still will give me a problem if I try to drink too much. It's a good thing I don't drink glasses of milk but like to occasionally have cereal.

You just might be one of those, like myself, who do not do well with anything milky. A small amount is fine but forget about drinking a glass of it or having ice cream or any one of the ice cream substitutes. You might want to consider just eating small amounts, infrequently. That works well for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: