Slow Cooker Mac N Cheese W/rice Noodle
Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:49 AM
Anyone tried making mac n cheese in a slow cooker with rice noodles? I waited way to long to ask this question cause i just now got the idea to check out a celiacs forum. I don't have celiacs but a good friend does and i wanted to offer up an awesome mac n cheese alternative at our work luncheon so she could have some too (well that and my own general curiosity because I read so many bad things about wheat). So my questions are, how long do I need to cook the rice noodle in the slow cooker? Does it go in hard, or do I start out boiling it on stove top like I would a regular pasta noodle, then add it to the slow cooker?
Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:47 PM
Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:39 AM
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with fresh and evaporated milks. Mix in uncooked macaroni and 3 cups shredded cheese. Transfer to slow cooker, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Do not stir or remove lid while cooking.
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein
"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"
"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson
Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users