2 replies to this topic

#1 MsModelSara

MsModelSara

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hello all. I am needing help finding a good doctor to see if they can help figure out what is going on with me. My regular dr, and the dr's I've been referred to from them: are all pretty blase about what's going on with me and act like they can't be bothered to figure out what going on.

I have had chronic low vitamin D for about 2 years now, my calcium is now dropping. My most recent lab test showed this, as well as my hemoglobin and hematocrit are elevated. I have Dx'd gluten intolerance and casein intolerance (positive antibodies found in my intestines) but when I was sent to the GI for testing etc, he basically told me that since I didn't have positive blood antibodies for celiac that an endoscopy would be a waste of time to check for intestinal damage causing malabsorption. -_- I'm sure some of you can sympathize!

I have had autoimmune hypothyroidism for 3 years now (Dx'd) but the hypothyroidism has been around since high school, so about 9 years now...some of which I'm sure includes the autoimmune portion pre-Dx.

I'm just so tired of being bounced around and need/want answers and if anyone knows of a dr that is a good listener and genuinely cares about their patients and tries to find answers...I'd love their contact info please...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wandrian

Wandrian

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

I am new to this forum, and you are my first post. I've had many of the same issues all of my life, with medical doctors consistently shrugging their shoulders, prescribing all manners of pills and such, and basically either blowing me off when they can't "cure" me or telling me that it's all in my head. My acupuncturist here in Richmond, Remee Gemo, recommended a holistic M.D. to me, Dr. Susan Solomon. My first visit with her was yesterday, and she nailed a lot of my ills simply by examining my body. Although I've only started this journey with her, I may rarely need another M.D.! A free thinker, she understands gluten-intolerant people and vitamin deficiencies (mine are potassium, magnesium, and calcium) with issues with my adrenal glands - NOT my thyroid as doctors insisted! Contact me - we may have a lot to talk about.

#3 lizard00

lizard00

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

As another suggestion, my cousin lives in RVA and sees Dr. Kevin Harrison. He is an MD/OD. She loves him. I've read about him; he's supposed to be wonderful.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: