Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Burning Rash Around Panties

4 posts in this topic

I've heard about the DH rash but not sure if it pertains to me or not.....the rash started last summer and it's always in the same place......around my underwear line, around crotch area. Never itches,just burns like a mother, like someone threw acid on my skin. I chalked it up to laundry detergent reaction,so I switched to fragrance-free kind. Still have the rash. I went gluten-free last weekend and the rash went away for a few days,then returned today. Is it a Celiac thing and why did it come back? I don't get it.

Ads by Google:

Hi CruiseWriter. Could it possibly be the latex in your panties?

Good point about the latex. DH can come and go. If that is what it is. Yes, it can just burn like acid and not itch, that is the way mine was. Does it ever "weep" or ooze or look like watery blisters? Even teeny tiny blisters? That would be consistent with DH. BUT it has numerous presentations, so if it gets better going gluten free, you might watch your reactions to iodine. Like does it start to feel like acid burns after you eat salty food? Iodine keeps the IgA antibodies activated and that is what happened to me. Salty food would cause a skin reaction. Then later, after going gluten free, the rash seems ever more sensitive to cross contamination of gluten, or even slight ingestion of iodine. It is a real puzzle but I wanted to give you some clues of what to watch for.

They look like raised red bumps, not oozing or anything. Just fat red bumps that burn.