#16 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hi.

For those who love chocolate and are supersensitive, here is my Enjoy Life fudge recipe that people (all people, not only those with celiac) BEG me to make- not too sweet and, oh so tasty. I am super duper sensitive and eat this every day with no problems.

HERE:

I take a "bread pan" and oil with olive oil.
2 Pkgs Enjoy Life chips into a saucepan to melt on low heat stirring
throw in about 1/3 to 1/2 stick of butter and about 1/3 cup lowfat milk
mix together til melted
(If you like, throw in about 3/4 cups of Planter's South Beach Diet nut mix or nuts of your choice.) Mix in and pour into pan
throw in fridge with foil on top.
Total time spent: about 10 minutes
EAT!

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 WinterSong

WinterSong

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

I really love Dove dark chocolate and haven't had any sort of reaction to it (knock on wood). Their company has said that all Dove chocolates do not contain gluten. And thank goodness! I don't know how I would have gotten through gluten withdrawal without it! :P

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

#18 rgarton

rgarton

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Twirls, by Cadbury, just chocolate they are really good, intense chocolate hit! Over in England this is what i eat and they are suitable for celiacs. Its the only chocolate i dont react too, and no soy either which is a bonus for me!
Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

#19 GlutenBurns

GlutenBurns

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

I eat reeses all the time with no problem. Watch out of the heart shaped ones though because they contain gluten.

I kept getting sick after eating Reese's and heard that they are not made on a dedicated line. I also found this to be true for Snicker's (made on the same line as Milkyways which contain malt). I've found a couple of brands at Whole Foods labelled gluten-free which have not given me any symptoms.

#20 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

I kept getting sick after eating Reese's and heard that they are not made on a dedicated line. I also found this to be true for Snicker's (made on the same line as Milkyways which contain malt). I've found a couple of brands at Whole Foods labelled gluten-free which have not given me any symptoms.

I recently contacted them and Reese's cups definitely cannot be trusted. The woman I spoke with said they are not made on a dedicated line and agred there is always a risk of gluten, no matter which package (in Canada at least). She certainly was not at all hopeful! I won't chance it.

Edited by love2travel, 10 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#21 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

I know most of the people on here eat Snickers all the time without a problem, but I ate my very first TREAT last Friday that was not plain old pure food or the enjoy life chocolate in 5 months....yup, a Snickers bar and I was "glutened" for 5 days...anxiety, fog, bowel stuff, insomnia..and HORRIBLE joint pain that made me cry ..it all came roaring back...such a bummer and I'll never try one again!! :( :angry:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#22 BakingQueen

BakingQueen

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Enjoy life chocolate chips and bars are definitely safe, and I am also super sensitive. I generally avoid mainstream products like Snickers or Reese's, as they are usually contaminated.

#23 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Enjoy life chocolate chips and bars are definitely safe, and I am also super sensitive. I generally avoid mainstream products like Snickers or Reese's, as they are usually contaminated.

Maybe some people can tolerate the low level of CC, but not me, I guess..boo hoo....ah well, another lesson learned! <_<

truth is?? It did not even taste that good anyway! :blink:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#24 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

Just like there are different levels of sensitivity among celiacs, there appears to be different levels of sensitivity among super sensitive celiacs. What is definitely safe for one will get another. Enjoy Life chocolate chips get me too, yet I was able to eat the chocolate that a friend made. Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to get uncontaminated starting materials recently.

#25 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

Just like there are different levels of sensitivity among celiacs, there appears to be different levels of sensitivity among super sensitive celiacs. What is definitely safe for one will get another. Enjoy Life chocolate chips get me too, yet I was able to eat the chocolate that a friend made. Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to get uncontaminated starting materials recently.

I have learned so much about this lately. My cousin scarfs down Snickers without an issue...me? 5 days of ugly symptoms...as you say, everyone's different.
I tried a plan dark chocolate bar (85%)from a health food store (no soy lecithin, no milk) and it was okay...the sugar made me "buzz" pretty good :lol: but no "gluten willies" as I call them.
Hope your friend can mix you up a batch of sweetness soon!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#26 MTG

MTG

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Amedei chocolate seems to work for me. Possible CC from nuts and milk but not gluten or soy and they taste wonderful. Unfortunately they are kind of expensive.

#27 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

Amedei chocolate seems to work for me. Possible CC from nuts and milk but not gluten or soy and they taste wonderful. Unfortunately they are kind of expensive.

thanks for the tip! ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#28 kellynolan82

kellynolan82

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Twirls, by Cadbury, just chocolate they are really good, intense chocolate hit! Over in England this is what i eat and they are suitable for celiacs. Its the only chocolate i dont react too, and no soy either which is a bonus for me!

It seems like heaps of the Cadbury chocolates in the UK don't have soy lecithin in them. Is this true? :unsure:

#29 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I just bought a Taza 80% Dark Chocolate bar the other day. "Cacao beans (Dominican Republic), cane sugar, cocoa butter, whole vanilla beans. All ingredients certified organic. May contain traces of nuts."

It was DELICIOUS. Kind of grainy as someone else mentioned but it wasn't in a BAD way. And rather than a bitter edge, it almost had a sour tang mixed in with the sweet and chocolatey. What is wonderful is that there is a lady here in town who sells it. She said next time I need some to just call her and she'll deliver right here to my shop.

I think she's going to get a lot of my business, and those 31 pounds I've lost over the past 10 months will start creeping back in.

So what?!! :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#30 Sara S.

Sara S.

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I am sensitive to below 10 ppm. I reliably have diarrhea from Lindt 85% and Chocolove dark chocolate. I can have Endangered Species chocolate and Trader Joe's chocolate chips (NOT their pound plus) without getting sick. I also do fine with Taza (the local boston chocolate that is less processed).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: