Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Energy & Recovery Drinks

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been gluten free for about 5 months now & have started trying to get back into a workout routine but have had a hard time with sustaining energy, especially during bike rides.I eat 6-8 small meals a day mostly consisting of proteins but still feel like I don't have enough energy. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good energy drink or supplement thats gluten free, also maybe a recovery drink. If anyone knew of anything moderately priced that would be awesome, thanks!

Ads by Google:

We recently had a conversation about this, and you're not alone :)

The best recovery drink is actually 1% chocolate milk! It is high in calories, carbs, protein, and fat, and because it's liquid, it gets to your system faster.

Hope that helps :)

DesLyn,

how long are you riding? have you tried Gu or shot bloks to fuel during the ride? Gatorade and powerade are gluten free as well. The company infinit also allows you to custom make your own drink mixes. i don't use the whey in anything, but other than that i think they are gluten free too. Hope this helps!

muscle milk is gluten free.

i just bought some protein powder to make some shakes and haven't had a problems with it.

Take EVERYONE's advice above. All are good options. What are BAD options are gatorade-type "recovery drinks" loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup. Steer away from HFCS as fast as you steer away from a pothole while riding. ;)

You can make your own from the following ingredients: water, maltodextrin, branch chain amino acids, L-glutamine and electrolyte powder. PM me if you want to know more x

Alternatively, in the Uk a reasonable product is High Five. Here is a link to information about their products. I believe the original is gluten free. http://www.highfive.co.uk/High5%20Allergen,%20Vegitarian,%20Diabetic%20Statement.pdf I'm not sure if you can get this internationally.