Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I'm Pregnant

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

so we've been married 6 months, 3 months ago I went off gluten, to see if my iron levels, ME related symptoms and a few other niggles would get sorted out. The first two months were hellish, but this last month I've felt amazing! My iron levels are up and I'm generally pain free.

We have not been trying to fall pregnant, and have been using condoms, and I honestly did not expect my body to be fertile and the celiac, owing to years on the pill (until about 5 months ago), but as things have it, I am pregnant. It was weird how it worked, as my nutrionist had subscribed Adreset (for adrenal fatigue) along with other pills,but the Adreset, said do not take if you are pregnant. And for some reason, I just felt that I shouldn't take it. Three days later, when I still didn't feel like I should take it, I thought I'd better do a pregnancy test, as this feeling is weird and could be nothing. :) Guess it wasn't nothing, but a little something growing in me, that I wanted to protect.

Any advise from other celiac pregnant ladies?

Ads by Google:

Thanks for pointing out the connection between adrenal supplments and pregnancy. Last Week I startded the supplements and have been offcially trying to conceive for 3 days now. After I read your commment I peeled the promotional sticker off the bottle and now I can see the pregnancy warning. :whew:

Well, I'm not pregnant (oh that would be a surprise to hubby!) but wanted to say congratulations!!!

Congrats! No specific advice for being celiac and preggo other than be extra super careful about contamination during the pregnancy. Listen to your body, take your vita, get exercise, and have a great time !

Congrats!! My hubby and I are planning to try for our second later this year... I love hearing about other ladies and their happy news. :)