Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

It's Official - I Am A Trathlete! : )

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am so happy I completed my first Sprint Triathlon this past Sunday! I was sick with no voice and did it just for the experience. It was AWESOME! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to train in swimming, running and biking. It is the greatest feeling to have finished it. Keep in mind I have no background in any of those sports...except bike riding as a child and started swimming 2 years ago and running a few years ago.

If you have the desire - You can do it!

Ads by Google:

Way to go, Joni! Hooray! That's an incredible accomplishment!

That's awesome!!! I'm jealous... I just want to start running again. :ph34r:

Joni,

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. It's really a big deal to have finished one!! I love the triathlon, and I've been doing them for a few years now. I agree that it's the BEST combo of things for your body - swimming, biking and running! Does this mean you might try another one in the future, maybe...?

Congrats! I did a mini triathlon (a bit longer than their sprint, but I don't know how that would compare to yours) last summer. It felt like such a big accomplishment. This was especially so since before diagnosis it used to take me four days just to mow the lawn because I was so weak and fatigued. The best part was the training, especially taking 2 hour bike rides. It made me feel like I am getting my life back. You want a training partner?

That's awesome!!! I'm jealous... I just want to start running again. :ph34r:

Thanks Lizard00! You should start running again. Nothing better than running with music in your ears!

Joni,

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. It's really a big deal to have finished one!! I love the triathlon, and I've been doing them for a few years now. I agree that it's the BEST combo of things for your body - swimming, biking and running! Does this mean you might try another one in the future, maybe...?

Thanks tictax707! It's an awesome feeling. The training is really enjoyable because of the variety. Yes I am already signed up for one in June! : ) Are you doing one any time soon?

Congrats! I did a mini triathlon (a bit longer than their sprint, but I don't know how that would compare to yours) last summer. It felt like such a big accomplishment. This was especially so since before diagnosis it used to take me four days just to mow the lawn because I was so weak and fatigued. The best part was the training, especially taking 2 hour bike rides. It made me feel like I am getting my life back. You want a training partner?

I totally understand what you mean about feeling bad before diagnosis. I was the same way...terribly fatigued. I also just had severe iron deficiency about 5 weeks ago and was scared that I wouldn't be able to complete it! At the time I felt so bad and even my vision was affected. Thankfully with huge doses of iron I am feeling pretty good right now! Yes, I'd love to have a training partner! Nothing like training with a friend! ;)