This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Seafood, Fish Recipes

CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I bake a lot of tilapia with herbs and lemon. Kinda bored with it right now. I am open to other fish dishes, I love seafood! Any suggestions? What's your favorite?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

freeatlast Collaborator

I always put mayonnaise on top of my talipia and then herbs and pepper. Used to have shrimp and cocktail sauce quite a bit with a little kick of real horseradish mixed in with homemade slaw and Oreida french fries.

WinterSong Community Regular

I sear salmon in a pan with a little salt, pepper, and dill. So quick and easy and tastes absolutely wonderful!

love2travel Mentor

I love to grill things such as scallops on rosemary skewers (lovely flavour) and drizzle with reduced balsamic or browned butter. Another yummy thing is to make fish en papillote or in parchment paper with some fresh herbs and butter. I have about a quadrillion seafood recipes so cannot narrow it down, unfortunately. Fish is also nice poached in coconut milk or in curry recipes with lemongrass, etc.

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had this tonight and it was very good.

I'm not good at writing recipes, so I'll just tell you about this fish curry.

Heat 1 T. sunflower oil over MH heat in a 2 qt. stainless steel saucepan. Add one small chopped onion. Stir-fry the onion for about 5 minutes until gold in color. Add 1 chopped serrano pepper or other chili pepper and stir-fry for a minute. Add other vegetables of choice - I used sliced quartered zucchini today - then add about 1/3 - 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock (or water). Bring that to a simmer while you cut 2 fish fillets into 1" chunks (Mahi Mahi tonight, have also used Cod or other thick fish). Squeeze half a lime over the fish chunks.

Stir 2-3 tsp. of Thai Red Curry Paste and 3/4 tsp. fish sauce into the saucepan. (You can use salt to taste if you don't have fish sauce.) I use Taste of Thai from the supermarket for both the curry paste and the fish sauce.

Add the fish to the vegetables and broth, reduce the heat to low, and allow it to simmer until the fish starts taking on color and appears to be firming up. Add 1/2 can of coconut milk. Continue to simmer over low heat for a few minutes until the fish is done.

Serve over Jasmine rice with lime wedges and chopped or torn fresh herbs, like basil and parsley or cilantro. If you don't have fresh herbs, a little lime zest is great with some finely chopped nuts sprinkled on top. Or it's perfectly good on it's own.

This same technique is good for shrimp, too. If you're going to use carrots as one of the veggies, cook them with the onions. Frozen defrosted peas can be used, but toss them in with the coconut milk. I've made variations of this with fresh spinach or kale too. It's always good, we love it.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I don't have many recipe either. I do one of two things:

Top with mayo, then sprinkle with paprika bake as you would normally.

Or

Fry: Two pie plates or shallow dishes--one with egg and a couple tablespoons water (use buttermilk or milk if you can have it). The other one with about 1/2 cup glutenous rice flour, about a tablespoon cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, blend up seasonings. Dip fish fillet in egg, then in flour, then back in egg then in flour a second time and fry. You can either use a fryer or a small pan with about an inch of oil and turn the fish after about 3-4 minutes. Get oil good and hot before you start. Don't use non-stick cookware for frying--it ruins it. I like flounder fish for this and the glutounous rice flour works well but I have used gluten-free bisquick or just brown rice flour too with good results.

Mizzo Enthusiast

another option

Take large sheet of Aluminum foil and spray with oil, put fish in center and top wth thin layer of salsa, (whatever heat level you like) seal in foil and grill or bake at 450 till done.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Thanks for the ideas, sounds yummy!

Wenmin Enthusiast

Pass in egg and evaporated milk batter, then in seasoned corn meal or corn flour. Deep Fry in oil.

Wenmin

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

Orange roughy - spray frozen fish with Pam, sprinkle with Lawry's seasoning salt and grill. This is my quick go-to grill food.

Baked cod - brush frozen cod with melted butter, quickly sprinkle liberally with bread crumbs, and bake.

Tilapia - pan sear in butter and sprinkle with sea salt.

mbrookes Community Regular

Use any firm white fish (Talapia works well) Sprinkle the fish liberally with a seasoning that you like. (I use Cajun spices) Saute in half butter/half olive oil. Cook quickly, turning once, just until the fish flakes.

If you want a rich sauce, reduce cream until thick and add cajun seasoning and crawfish. Put this over the fish.

ecf Rookie

Second love2travel on baking fish in parchment paper or foil. One nice flavor combination is with thin potato slices, cherry tomatoes, a bit of thyme, olive oil and salt.

Teri Lou Apprentice

I'm addicted to Fish Tacos lately- the easy way to do it is to marinate tilapia with fajita seasoning mix (gluten-free) and a little olive oil and then bake it. Throw it in a tortilla with some shredded lettuce, cheese, and mango/ mandarin orange salsa....YUMMY! Recipe is on Allrecipe.com I think

Archived