2 replies to this topic

#1 Sadasar

Sadasar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ok this is my first post as I'm new to celiac. I'm trying to find a good doctor around the Lakeland Florida area. I don't mind driving a little bit as my health is more important than convenience. My primary care doctor is sort of an idiot for lack of better words and wouldn't do any tests when I told him the symptoms I was having, such as constant diarea, sore joints, constant weakness and weird blood sugar readings. My mother in law is a RN in Texas and she was actually the one that said it sounds like it could be celiac disease after the glucose tests came back negative for diabetes. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Ok this is my first post as I'm new to celiac. I'm trying to find a good doctor around the Lakeland Florida area. I don't mind driving a little bit as my health is more important than convenience. My primary care doctor is sort of an idiot for lack of better words and wouldn't do any tests when I told him the symptoms I was having, such as constant diarea, sore joints, constant weakness and weird blood sugar readings. My mother in law is a RN in Texas and she was actually the one that said it sounds like it could be celiac disease after the glucose tests came back negative for diabetes. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic are two I'd suggest. I think Cleveland Clinic is closer to you...the closest Mayo Clinic is in Jacksonville, about four hour's drive time, possibly more. Good luck!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#3 viviendoparajesus

viviendoparajesus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

I am not sure what you are looking for or how far you want to travel. I was impressed with Dr. Kharrazian's book, but he is selective with the cases he takes and he is across the country (he is in CA), but he has trained doctors who use his methods. They use herbs, supplements, and natural methods to promote healing. They focus on diet since digestion is so key to health. They focus on testing and functional ranges.

If I lived closer I would try to see Dr. Danny Quaranto in Vero Beach, FL - http://www.amfcc.info/Index.htm

If I had money and lived in the area I might see Dr. Steven Noseworthy in Sarasota/Bradenton, FL

Another option would be Dr. Lee S. Barbach in Miami, FL - www.miamithyroiddoc.com

Dr David Peterson works long distance - http://www.wellnessa...l.com/staff.htm

Dr Mark Flannery also works long distance - http://www.livehealt...om/Dr-Mark.html - I have "seen" him and it was not a good fit, but my boyfriend liked his responsiveness and other things about him

Hope this helps. I would be interested in what you find since finding a good doctor is so difficult.
Misdiagnosed - IBS, TMJ, eczema, KP, etc
Real Diagnosis - Gluten & Casein (milk protein) Intolerance, Cross Reactivity to Yeast & Buckwheat
Recommend: Tests: Entero Labs Gluten Sensitivity & Gene Testing
Books: * Allergies by Dr. Carolee Bateson-Koch (digestion, yeast, parasites, body pH...)
* Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms by Dr. Datis Kharrazian (gluten & autoimmune problems)
* Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen (foods, supplements...)
Supplements: * digestive enzymes, * probiotics (dairy free - Klaire Labs - Pro5)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: