3 replies to this topic

#1 hockeygirl3

hockeygirl3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have had confirmation that Baker's Bittersweet Baking Chocolate Squares (Kraft) is gluten free? The only concern would be the natural flavor (I think).

Also -- Ghirardelli 100% Cacao unsweetened chocolate?

Tried to call the customer service number but they are closed for the weekend - would really like to make a gluten-free chocolate cake for Easter!

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AzizaRivers

AzizaRivers

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

I just saw this post and picked up the box of Baker's sitting on the counter next to me, which I am about to use (in the next 10 minutes) to coat the peanut butter and coconut eggs that are currently chilling in the fridge. And crossing my fingers someone doesn't give us bad news. I'm not cautious enough and I rarely call of the ingredients look okay and if I haven't heard bad things.

EDIT: In little print it says it's manufactured by Kraft Foods, and I know for a fact Kraft is one of the food manufacturers that will never hide gluten ingredients in sneaky words.
Celiac diagnosed October-November 2010 (blood test negative, biopsy inconclusive after gluten-free for 6 weeks, miraculous diet results).

October 2010: Gluten free.
November 2010: No HFCS or artificial sweeteners.
March 2011: Gradually fading out soy.

#3 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

I am sooooo careful about contacting companies and have done so with this product. I was assured, as was mentioned above, that Kraft will make it clear if there is any gluten source on their products.

So, you should be good to go!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 hockeygirl3

hockeygirl3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Wonderful, thank you so much for the input everybody!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: