3 replies to this topic

#1 JSegura226

JSegura226

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

I started taking a Methyl b12 spray this last week and noticed that around 2-4 hours after taking my dose that I get really sleepy.. I usually take a couple hour long nap when this happens and wake up feeling super refreshed... I also noticed I get bad headaches and light sensitivity if I try to stay awake when the drowsiness kicks in..Well yesterday I decided to skip the b12 all together to see if it was for sure the b12 making me feel this way and sure enough I did not experience the headache/drowsiness at all. Does anyone take their b12 at night? Also, has anyone ever experienced drowsiness, headaches or light sensitivity with Methyl b12 sprays?

The B12 brand is Pure Advantage B-12 500mcg spray

Other Supplements I take are:

NatureMade B Complex with Vit C (Contains no B12)
Solgar Calcium/Magnesium + boron
Carlson Cod liver oil
Stomach pains and nausea since birth-Doctors considered Bulimia, Anorexia, other Neurological problems
Insomnia as a child and Night Terrors from age 5-14
Dx with Scoliosis at age 6
Performance in School declined immensely from grades 4th-12th
Foggy memory, Lack of concentration, and Slowed physical development from ages 4-20
Dx with ADD at age 14-Ritalin prescribed-taken for only 2 months
Scoliosis Bar and fusion and Chiari 1 Malformation Surgery at Age 17
Dx Celiac April '11
Gluten,Soy,Milk,Corn,GMO free starting 3/28/11

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JSegura226

JSegura226

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

Just wanted to add that today it turned into a full blown migraine..which I have not had for years!.. I was so sensitives to light that I had to block out my window in my Bedroom with a blanket to sleep.. I also had some crazy nightmares while I was sleeping and woke up in a deep sweat. I feel better now. Will not be taking the spray again.
Stomach pains and nausea since birth-Doctors considered Bulimia, Anorexia, other Neurological problems
Insomnia as a child and Night Terrors from age 5-14
Dx with Scoliosis at age 6
Performance in School declined immensely from grades 4th-12th
Foggy memory, Lack of concentration, and Slowed physical development from ages 4-20
Dx with ADD at age 14-Ritalin prescribed-taken for only 2 months
Scoliosis Bar and fusion and Chiari 1 Malformation Surgery at Age 17
Dx Celiac April '11
Gluten,Soy,Milk,Corn,GMO free starting 3/28/11

#3 superfob

superfob

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hello,

Have you had your B 12 levels tested?

Anyways, I have read that many people will experience a worsening of symptoms before it gets better, and it is a sign that you are deficient.

However, I took Methyl B12 myself as well, and did not have a very good experience with it. I have switched over to a sublingual hydroxocobalamin, made by the company Perque. I am getting better results from this - anyways I think it is highly individual, some people will do better on methyl and some on hydroxo. Some actually recommend against taking methyl though I do not exactly understand the reason.

And also, I think the tiredness maybe a sign that you are deficient, I certainly had this when I first started supplementing with active forms of B12

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,747 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:25 AM

Just wanted to add that today it turned into a full blown migraine..which I have not had for years!.. I was so sensitives to light that I had to block out my window in my Bedroom with a blanket to sleep.. I also had some crazy nightmares while I was sleeping and woke up in a deep sweat. I feel better now. Will not be taking the spray again.

I think your wise to delete the spray. B12 should be giving you more energy. I take Country Life sublinguals with no problems. I also take it in the morning as if I take it at night it energizes me and makes it hard to sleep.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: