Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Methyl B12 Spray Makes Me Super Tired..

4 posts in this topic

I started taking a Methyl b12 spray this last week and noticed that around 2-4 hours after taking my dose that I get really sleepy.. I usually take a couple hour long nap when this happens and wake up feeling super refreshed... I also noticed I get bad headaches and light sensitivity if I try to stay awake when the drowsiness kicks in..Well yesterday I decided to skip the b12 all together to see if it was for sure the b12 making me feel this way and sure enough I did not experience the headache/drowsiness at all. Does anyone take their b12 at night? Also, has anyone ever experienced drowsiness, headaches or light sensitivity with Methyl b12 sprays?

The B12 brand is Pure Advantage B-12 500mcg spray

Other Supplements I take are:

NatureMade B Complex with Vit C (Contains no B12)

Solgar Calcium/Magnesium + boron

Carlson Cod liver oil

Ads by Google:

Just wanted to add that today it turned into a full blown migraine..which I have not had for years!.. I was so sensitives to light that I had to block out my window in my Bedroom with a blanket to sleep.. I also had some crazy nightmares while I was sleeping and woke up in a deep sweat. I feel better now. Will not be taking the spray again.

Hello,

Have you had your B 12 levels tested?

Anyways, I have read that many people will experience a worsening of symptoms before it gets better, and it is a sign that you are deficient.

However, I took Methyl B12 myself as well, and did not have a very good experience with it. I have switched over to a sublingual hydroxocobalamin, made by the company Perque. I am getting better results from this - anyways I think it is highly individual, some people will do better on methyl and some on hydroxo. Some actually recommend against taking methyl though I do not exactly understand the reason.

And also, I think the tiredness maybe a sign that you are deficient, I certainly had this when I first started supplementing with active forms of B12

Just wanted to add that today it turned into a full blown migraine..which I have not had for years!.. I was so sensitives to light that I had to block out my window in my Bedroom with a blanket to sleep.. I also had some crazy nightmares while I was sleeping and woke up in a deep sweat. I feel better now. Will not be taking the spray again.

I think your wise to delete the spray. B12 should be giving you more energy. I take Country Life sublinguals with no problems. I also take it in the morning as if I take it at night it energizes me and makes it hard to sleep.