Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Yellowtail Savignon Blanc Has Gluten?

31 posts in this topic

Would anyone like to shared a bottle with me? :P :P

Yes, of course! B)

Ads by Google:

Recently I was at a resort that hosted a vintner weekend of wine tasting. i spoke with the vintner who explained the wheat paste issue to me. He statement was that the higher quality wines do not use the wheat paste as they properly seal their kegs. It is the lesser quality (under $5) wines that "could" be a concern as they are the ones that would be more likely to use wheat paste to seal the cracks. He statement was "could be". He stated that he had not heard of gluten as being an issue but that he would not rule it out. Higher quality wines would not be an issue. Would anyone like to shared a bottle with me? :P :P

Under $5 a bottle? I've never seen anything so cheap! I can probably thank the LCBO for that. :D

Under $5 a bottle? I've never seen anything so cheap! I can probably thank the LCBO for that. :D

Two Buck (that is now three bucks) chuck at Whole Foods. lol My SIL has totally spoiled me and brings me the really good stuff. :D

While I didn't perform the tests myself, I do have an acquaintance who has tested some wines for gluten with the ELIZA test. 2 out of 7 wines did test positive.

Probably don't wanna offer that $500 just yet. ;)

The test had a detection level of 10ppm, so all I can say is that it had more gluten than that. Probably still less than 20ppm, I'd imagine. So probably safe for most people, just not anyone who has issues with 10ppm gluten or more.

Two Buck (that is now three bucks) chuck at Whole Foods. lol My SIL has totally spoiled me and brings me the really good stuff. :D

'tis nasty stuff. Gave me an unpleasant hangover after a glass and a half. (I had to pour out the rest of the second glass - it got nastier as it warmed up.)

My favorite 'spirit' is Woodchuck Cider.. it's made from apples and says gluten free on the label.. they even mention and explain celiac on their website. it's good stuff. I don't drink much but when I do.. this is my go to beverage!!