#1 Mama Melissa

Mama Melissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

Hey Guys,
I thought i was going to possibly be able to possibly rid my seasonal allergys since this diet has improved everything else.I thought i was good to go but oh course comes the dreaded stuffyness, otchy nose and scratchy throat boooo.My question to you guys is does anyone know where i can buy any mainstream allergy meds??Like at target,walmart or walgreenns? I heard Zyrtec is a nog o that used to be my go to medicine.Thank you xoxo
Melissa
9/10 Diagnosed celiac via bloodwork/endo
9/10 Gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ECUmom3

ECUmom3

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

I use Costco's brand-Kirkland Allergy Aller-Tec. It is gluten free. But if you do not have a Costco, my 2011/2012 Gluten Free shopping guide states that Walgreens offers the following gluten-free allergy meds., but I would check in case formulas have changed:Allergy Multi Symptom (Day/Night Caplet combo pack, Day Caplets, Day Quick Gels, Night caplets) and Allergy Sinus Decongestant Caplets.

A few months ago I had a bottle of Target's allergy caps, and I called and they were gluten-free, but I can't remember the name. It was their version of Zyrtec. Hope this helps.

#3 heatherjane

heatherjane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hey Guys,
I thought i was going to possibly be able to possibly rid my seasonal allergys since this diet has improved everything else.I thought i was good to go but oh course comes the dreaded stuffyness, otchy nose and scratchy throat boooo.My question to you guys is does anyone know where i can buy any mainstream allergy meds??Like at target,walmart or walgreenns? I heard Zyrtec is a nog o that used to be my go to medicine.Thank you xoxo

Allegra has just been released as over the counter and was gluten free last time I checked. The site glutenfreedrugs.com has a good list of medications, including one for Walgreens that lists their store brands. Claritin is also gluten free.

#4 Mama Melissa

Mama Melissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thank you ladies:))))
Melissa
9/10 Diagnosed celiac via bloodwork/endo
9/10 Gluten free

#5 Tigercat17

Tigercat17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Over the counter, Brand name Clairtin is gluten free. :)
Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis
Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998
Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable
Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008
Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet
Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet
Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009
Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

#6 smc

smc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

I remember calling the manufacturer of zyrtec a few months ago and a woman there told me it was gluten free. Did I get misinformation? Luckily I have not taken it. At our local Walgreens all Walgreens brand cold and sinus meds as well as aspirins are labeled Gluten Free with little green tags so It makes it so easy I buy them. The are carrying some gluten-free snacks now too.

#7 heatherjane

heatherjane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

glutenfreedrugs.com says that Zyrtec is gluten free. That site is maintained by a pharmacist and is updated regularly. There's a lot of old info floating around cyberspace, so you have to take that into consideration when doing your research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: