This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Here Is The Cake That I Promised.

Simona19

Simona19 Collaborator

This cake is easy to make. It's soft, not so sweet and delicious.

Ingredients: 6 eggs, 1 and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/3 cup of boiling water, 2 Tbsp. of cocoa powder, 1 cup of Bob's gluten free Bread mix, 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. of baking powder (I used measuring spoons and cups). Topping is optional.

Follow this steps:

l. Preheat oven to 385F.

2.Divide eggs to separate bowls- yolks and whites. Add powdered sugar, cocoa and boiling water into bowl with yolks (pure boiling water over cocoa, it will make the cake darker). Mix everything with a hand mixer on high for 3-5 minutes. The mix must change the texture. It should double or triple in size and it will be lighter and fluffy. Set it aside, but you need to work with egg whites very quickly.

3.Mix egg's whites in the other bowl with the hand mixer for 4-5 minutes. Mix until they will turn to snow (one tip: turn your bowl upside down and if the whites are sticking to bowl, the snow is perfectly done).

4.In the bowl with yolks add 1 cup of Bob's bread mix and backing powder, mix it together very good, but use only spatula (I tried with mixer, but the cake wasn't good).

5. Add the snow made from the egg whites in the other bowl and very slowly mix them together. You need to fold, or mix only into one direction and try to cover the egg snow with the flour mix. DO NOT MIX everything very fast! You need to preserve the fluffiness of the cake mix.

6. I used waxed paper inside of my pan (The pan is big and waxed paper is small. Cut two peaces of waxed paper to cover half of pan. Measure width of pan and add 2 and 1/2 inches of paper on each side. Place them on top of pan and make in middle little hole. Place your cake in middle and with one hand press paper down into corners and spread mixture with spatula in it. Repead it with every corner and on the end make the mixture even. It sounds complicated, but it's very easy to do.) You don't need to scrape nothing later and the cake is perfectly done. You can bake this cake in 10x14 pan for 30-35 minutes or in 16x12 pan for 25 minutes, if you like to use higher topping.

7. When the cake is done, let it cool down, take it out of pan and peal of the waxed paper from sides. Turn it upside down on clean surface (clean waxed paper on table, working area, or dish) and peal rest of the paper of. Turn the cake one more time upside down and now you can put topping on top, or just cut it in middle and fill it with jelly.

Topping suggestion: Yesterday I made this:

1. I baked the mixture in 16x12 pan. On top of the cake I put 5 little cups of chocolate soy pudding (ZENSOY), then strawberries from jar to cover all cake (in every inch x inch one strawberry - I bought it in a Polish store, they have them in big jars). On top of them I made whip cream from two small boxes of RICH's whip cream -gluten and casein free (you can find them with the Jewish frozen foods - they have them in my ShopRite)and put it on top of the strawberries. To make the cake more fancy, you can put sprinkles on top, or melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (Enjoy Life) with 3 Tbsp. of unsalted margarine or shortening (Earth balance, natural shortening) and when it will cool down, sprinkle it over the whip cream.

2. You can use any fruit in jars, or cans (peaches- it's better to chop them up, crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges), or pie feelings from cans instead of strawberries. Even fresh bananas are perfect in this cake.

3. If you don't like whip cream, or cant find it, then use any pie feeling and top it with melted chocolate, or sprinkle with coconut.

4. If you really don't have any time to do all this, just use 10x14 pan, cut the cake in middle in half, spread jelly on half of the cake, cut some bananas and place them on jelly, then spread jelly on other part of cake and place it on bananas with jelly on bottom. You can cut it and eat it right away.

5. Cut all cake up, make slices 1 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 or 3 inches. Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips with 1 pound box of unsalted margarine or Earth balance, natural shortening on top of water (you need two pots. In one, bigger, put water and another, smaller place inside, just to reach water. Place chocolate chips and butter inside and slowly melt and stir together). Let it cool down, but mix it from time to time. Take each slice of cake and deep in the chocolate mix and place it in the bowl with fine coconut flakes and place them on dish. You can even stuck them up on one plate. It is delicious!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

freeatlast Collaborator

Wow! That looks good. Thank you so much :)

Simona19 Collaborator

If somebody will decide to make this cake, please, let me know how did you like it.

P.S.: The picture in my profile is from the cake - option 1.

• 2 weeks later...
Simona19 Collaborator

I tried to add picture, but I was not succesfull.

2iuuiq1.webp

Simona19 Collaborator

cakes004-Copy.webp

Option # 2.or 3. - with cherry feeling and mandarin oranges, no whip cream.

cakes005-Copy.webp

Simona19 Collaborator

I tried to add picture, but I was not succesfull.

2iuuiq1.webp

Photo0030-1.webp

I was finaly able to add pictures.

Archived