This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Overwhelmed By Health Problems

martikai

martikai Newbie

Hey everyone,

I used to be on this site a few years ago but left because the constant news of health problems was making my depression worse. I've been struggling with Candida problems for over 3 years now. Been to countless doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths, acupuncturists, etc. My diet has improved drastically over the past few years. I've actually been on a strict candida diet since October of last year. I've taken tons of difflucan and natural yeast killers, not to mention hundreds of different kinds of probiotics. I don't feel better.

I recently was denied health insurance which was a major blow. I will fight them about it, obviously because it isn't legal now, but haven't recovered my energy.

This week I am worried i've developed a UTI but the symptoms don't fit entirely. About a month ago I was scared I had a kidney infection but after $90 and 3 hours at a clinic here, the urine test was negative. The man did inform me that the problem was probably in my head or maybe I had AIDS--which is unhelpful and untrue. I am scared to go back because I don't want to take more antibiotics; they make my health worse overall and will lead to another infection in 6 months. I've thrown everything natural I have at this possible infection.

I am exhausted and do not know what to do.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. Just a thought, when I am glutened, by even a tiny amount, it feels like I have a UTI even though I don't. Gluten can cause bladder issues. Perhaps you had a bit of gluten on accident.

mushroom Proficient

Welcome back. :)

I am a chronic UTI sufferer. Whenever I take antibiotics the symptoms return. I have found cranberry to be the only thing to make a difference for me and sometimes even that doesn't work and I end up having to take an antibiotic for something an antibiotic caused :o I use a product by Kordel's which is a trademark of Health Foods International, called Uri-Health Alaliniser + Cranberry which dissolves into an effervescent drink in water. I also take cranberry tablets and drink real cranberry juice, not that high fructose corn syrup stuff. I do all this every time I have to take an antibiotic now, and because I take an immune suppressant that is quite often unfortunately.

martikai Newbie

Thanks for the responses!

GFreeMO, i don't think it's gluten related. I don't seem to react TOO too bad to slight contamination.. plus i can't think of anything i've eaten that i didn't make recently..but good to keep in mind.

Mushroom, that sounds terrible! I've been drinking a ridiculous amount of water, as well as cranberry kombucha, cran-aid tea, urva ursi tea, and organic cold-pressed cranberry juice (not drinking excessive amounts as i'm scared the sugar will effect my candida problems), probiotics, raw garlic, and this UT Support tincture i got at the health food store.

I don't have any burning but i do have pelvic pain/pressure and strong smelling pee that i can't seem to get to be clear V yellow.. sorry if that's TMI!

I am probably 75% sure it's a UTI-- though i have NEVER had one before.. but I am also scared it might be something worse since the last urine test was negative..

Roda Rising Star

Have then do a urine culture to see if it "grows" any bad bacteria.

martikai Newbie

Mushroom,

Have you ever tried Parsley tea??

mentioned here: Open Original Shared Link

mushroom Proficient

No, Ive never heard parsley tea recommended before. I will have to give it a try :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

liss7217 Newbie

I agree with martikai that parsley is a great one. It helps detoxify the kidneys so if you are dealing with a lot of die off from the candida your kidneys may be getting overloaded with toxins, and not flushing them out quick enough. Also if you have the energy to exercise or can find a way to work up a sweat that may help your body get fight the infection. Can you have any fruit yet on your candida diet? I put fresh parsley in my green smoothie. It is mostly greens but normally 1 serving of lower glycemic index fruit added to it so it's not to bitter and it tastes great! Hope you start feeling better soon UTI's and candida are no fun.

martikai Newbie

I agree with martikai that parsley is a great one. It helps detoxify the kidneys so if you are dealing with a lot of die off from the candida your kidneys may be getting overloaded with toxins, and not flushing them out quick enough. Also if you have the energy to exercise or can find a way to work up a sweat that may help your body get fight the infection. Can you have any fruit yet on your candida diet? I put fresh parsley in my green smoothie. It is mostly greens but normally 1 serving of lower glycemic index fruit added to it so it's not to bitter and it tastes great! Hope you start feeling better soon UTI's and candida are no fun.

That's amazing! That makes SO much sense, thank you! I didn't know the kidneys would get overwhelmed at all, I love learning things! I have an organic granny smith apple a few times a week but I think i'll stick with the tea, it's not too bad! and I live in the valley in texas (it's well over 90 out these days) so working up a sweat isn't a problem :) but i worry about getting dehydrated fast sense i don't seem to be retaining water too well with this amount of "flushing" i'm doing to clear this out. I've been doing the Colonix cleanse for a little over a month so that has probably upped the detox going on (but not from my kidneys!) I'm about to have my second glass of parsley tea, it doesn't taste bad at all! And my pee is already less yellow which i think is a good sign? THANK YOU ALL!

liss7217 Newbie

That's amazing! That makes SO much sense, thank you! I didn't know the kidneys would get overwhelmed at all, I love learning things! I have an organic granny smith apple a few times a week but I think i'll stick with the tea, it's not too bad! and I live in the valley in texas (it's well over 90 out these days) so working up a sweat isn't a problem :) but i worry about getting dehydrated fast sense i don't seem to be retaining water too well with this amount of "flushing" i'm doing to clear this out. I've been doing the Colonix cleanse for a little over a month so that has probably upped the detox going on (but not from my kidneys!) I'm about to have my second glass of parsley tea, it doesn't taste bad at all! And my pee is already less yellow which i think is a good sign? THANK YOU ALL!

Sound like you are feeling better which is great! If you are a big tea drinker then yogi makes some good ones that are great for detoxing the kidney/liver and one of them contains parsley in addition to lots of other herbs Open Original Shared Link I love these teas. It is not labeled gluten free but you can double check all the ingredients, and I personally never had a problem with it. When candida dies it releases all kinds of nasty toxins into the body so getting the toxins out is just as important as killing it. Carbohydrates tend to make people hold and retain water so if your on a very low carb diet to kill the candida that may be why your not retaining much fluid. Just keep drinking as much as possible especially if your going to be out in that hot Texas sun! Hope everyday how you feel improves : )

Evangeline Explorer

Sounds like my health problems. I'll get all the symptoms for a problem and then have a test and it will turn out negative which is VERY frustrating. Meanwhile, my health just kept going down hill. It was only when I began this completely grain-free diet that things began turning around. I am now following the Gluten Free Society's advice -- stay away from all grains because 45% of Celiacs cannot tolerate corn, etc. Also, there were two studies that found that corn caused just as much damage to the intestines of Celiacs as did wheat. Anyway, I feel much better being grain-free. :)

liss7217 Newbie

Sounds like my health problems. I'll get all the symptoms for a problem and then have a test and it will turn out negative which is VERY frustrating. Meanwhile, my health just kept going down hill. It was only when I began this completely grain-free diet that things began turning around. I am now following the Gluten Free Society's advice -- stay away from all grains because 45% of Celiacs cannot tolerate corn, etc. Also, there were two studies that found that corn caused just as much damage to the intestines of Celiacs as did wheat. Anyway, I feel much better being grain-free. :)

I completely agree with you. I have decided to go grain free as of late and it has changed how I feel so much. It is amazing that all of the pain in my body is gone is now gone! It will be interesting to have some labs done after a few months on this diet.

That's great info about the corn I didn't know that, but I had stopped eating corn too. I thought about eventually added a little quinoa because of all the nutrients and the protein content. The research said it commonly considered a grain, quinoa but a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and swiss chard. Have you tired this or did you cut it out too? Besides veggies, fruits, nuts, poultry and fish I am pretty limited which doesn't bother me much and has made me become more creative in the kitchen!

martikai Newbie

Sound like you are feeling better which is great! If you are a big tea drinker then yogi makes some good ones that are great for detoxing the kidney/liver and one of them contains parsley in addition to lots of other herbs Open Original Shared Link I love these teas. It is not labeled gluten free but you can double check all the ingredients, and I personally never had a problem with it. When candida dies it releases all kinds of nasty toxins into the body so getting the toxins out is just as important as killing it. Carbohydrates tend to make people hold and retain water so if your on a very low carb diet to kill the candida that may be why your not retaining much fluid. Just keep drinking as much as possible especially if your going to be out in that hot Texas sun! Hope everyday how you feel improves : )

Yeah i have so much going on (we also have 8 puppies we are trying to find homes for, and three dogs of our own--one of whom has lots of health problems... oy) i forget about detoxing. I've been doing the Colonix for a little over a month and it has these capsules that are supposed to cleanse the liver and blood and such but doesn't say anything about the kidneys~! I have some general detox tea i'll have to rotate in. pelvic pressure and pain is gone but still have some yellow pee! haha. drinking tons of fluids but have also been out in the sun a bit, so should probably keep going on that one. so much to keep track of. I used to do a food journal but i got sick of feeling held hostage by the process...plus, while i understand completely being obsessed with WHATS WRONG with the body, i think hyper focus on what you're eating all the time gets to be unhealthy after awhile.. but necessary in an age with crappy healthcare! alas... it's all a balance..

Archived