6 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 07:46 PM

I am allergic to just about anything that grows outside and have taken Allegra as well as Nasonex for years. Once on a gluten-free diet for the past few months, I have noticed that my allergies are significantly less....almost nonexistant. So while my friends and husband are suffering greatly, I am fine.

Anyone else had this happen once going gluten-free?
Lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:46 PM

Yep, it's made a difference for me as well. I mean, if you've got something causing your immune system to act up, you may well end up getting more histamine in your system (as it's part of the inflammatory response as well).
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:40 AM

Since I went totally gluten-free, I have had a reduction of 80% in my need for decongestants. My nose does not run as much, and I do not itch all over. I am hoping that this relief continues when the flowers start to bloom! :D
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 GFdoc

GFdoc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:44 AM

I'm allergic to molds and dust...I'm on allegra, nasonex and atrovent..unfortunately, I've had no improvement since going gluten-free. (my other medical problems have greatly improved though)
I keep hoping that the allergies will get better too...
Sara gluten-free since 9/03

#5 shimma

shimma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:22 AM

I just went to the doctor last week because of nausea, and he said I have post-nasal drip which may or may not be an allergic reaction to something (I'll see the allergist in a few weeks). This just happened a few months ago, after being gluten-free for several months. I've never had problems with allergies, although they do run in my family. I'm hoping that the post-nasal drip is causing the stomach problems because I don't know what else would! According to the doc, swallowing that stuff can make you sick. Does that sound right to anyone else?

#6 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:35 AM

I really wish I could say that my allergies went away after being gluten-free. I take zyrtec daily. If I miss a couple of days I am stuck sneezing and miserable. Thank goodness for Zyrtec lol !!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#7 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:32 AM

Does zyrtec have gluten in it? Whenever I take it, I get sick the same way I do when I accidently contaminate myself. I did not find it on the gluten-free list of medications. How do I find out?
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: