Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac And Egg Allergy

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if there is a connection between celiac and egg allergy?

Is there an explanation as to why someone could eat eggs cooked one way, but not another way?

Ads by Google:

I've heard that people with Celiac are prone to other intolerances, and eggs are one of them.

Interesting you ask your second question - I've found that I can't eat eggs on their own (hard boiled eggs gave me horrible acid reflux), but I'm okay when they're used in baked foods like bread and cupcakes (gluten-free of course!).

I've heard that people with Celiac are prone to other intolerances, and eggs are one of them.

Interesting you ask your second question - I've found that I can't eat eggs on their own (hard boiled eggs gave me horrible acid reflux), but I'm okay when they're used in baked foods like bread and cupcakes (gluten-free of course!).

Same here! I get a bad tummyache with plain eggs of any kind. I'm fine if they are an ingredient in something though. Didn't realize others experienced this as well. :D

wow im so glad i found this site! i also cant eat eggs, but i am not sure about in baked goods i havent really experimented with that i will have to give it a go! i havent been able to eat wheat for about 4 1/2 years now, and the egg thing is fairly new. i also cant eat rice or dairy! but i am going to try to reintroduce these things back into my diet eventually!

So far, I'm the same -- don't do eggs, but can have them in baked goods. What I'm wanting to find out now is whether I can have them as part of something similar to a frittata.

Is there an explanation as to why someone could eat eggs cooked one way, but not another way?

Hi anna, are you talking about anaphylaxic egg allergy or egg intolerance?

As far as I know, there is no proven connection between anaphylaxic allergies and celiac disease.

As far as intolerances go, the reason some people might tolerant eggs in baked goods, but not in other forms, is that the amount of egg in a baked good might be relatively small in comparison.

It has been said that celiac can lead to other intolerances, like dairy, egg, etc...

I for one have no problem with eggs, but I do have a problem with highly carbonated soda's. To each their own, but if you find that something consistently causes you problems, it is best to steer clear.