This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cross Contamination

willabec

willabec Contributor

long story short...having issues, went to a new gi dr. a couple of months ago....just went to a naturopath on monday....she prescribed a heavy duty probiotic....i just noticed on the label it does not contain wheat but it says it is processed in a facility that processes, wheat, and other allergens....should i keep taking it? do you all stay away from things that say "processed in a facility that contains, wheat, nuts, eggs, etc"????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I am very sensitive so I avoid things like that. Could your issues come from cc of some other thing that you are eating? Have you tried keeping a food journal? Trying elimination/challenge diets?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

T.B.
    Newest Member
    T.B.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• B1rdL0ver
    • shadycharacter
      Fermentation breaks down some of the gluten in wheat. Nowhere enough for a wheat dough to become gluten free, but the gluten may be significantly reduced. I think some pizzerias make the dough the day before and leave it overnight. The longer the microbes are acting on the flour, the better.
    • LimpToeTheTimeless
      I am M 21 and I diagnosed myself after a week of fasting and slowly reintroducing stuff in my diet except gluten, I had terrible eczema scars ,dandruff and brain fog, now I am free after 6 years of just pain, I am 6'2, will I grow taller? And since I am a gymnast will my muscles grow like quicker, cause before no matter how effort I put in I just couldn't. 
    • trents
      And the fact is, no two celiacs will necessarily respond the same to gluten exposure. Some are "silent" celiacs and don't experience obvious symptoms. But that doesn't mean no harm is being done to their gut. It just means it is subclinical. 
    • AlyO
      Thank you, Trents.  I appreciate your helpful and friendly reply. It seems more likely to be a bug.  It has been a pretty severe bought. I feel that I don’t have enough experience to know what signs my little one shows after exposure to gluten.