No replies to this topic

#1 T.H.

T.H.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

I just came across a company that looks like they might be of use for really sensitive celiacs particularly, so I'm putting it up here! :-)

Montana gluten free processors

They make oat products specifically - oats and some oat based baking mixtures - which means I can't have it, so I haven't tried this personally.

However, on calling them, they have dedicated fields, which have to have been free of gluten grains for 4 years before growing the oats. They have dedicated harvesting and shipping equipment, a dedicated processing facility, and testing down to lower than 10ppm. They have different farmers growing their crop, but they can tell you which bag of oats came from which farmer, so I figure that's a huge plus.

They do have some ingredients for their mixes that come from other sources, which are supposed to be gluten free, but if you ask them, they will give you the name and contact information for their source, too.

Very friendly, and so far, any question I asked that they didn't know the answer to, they found out and emailed with the information.

Again, I haven't tried these guys, because I can't have oats. But they seemed like a company that's really trying darn hard, and doing the right things, so I thought we might be able to use 'em!

shauna

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: