Back Pain (Middle Left Side) And Constipation, Nausea

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tactoc_*

Guest_tactoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Hi!
I'm 24 years old male and about a year ago health problems started for me.

Let me describe my specific problem: I woke up with a back pain (middle left side/ribs area), I had no appetite and was nauseous, then I become constipated, but what makes my problem really different is if I am standing up i feel terrible pain in the back and i got chills like I have a fever, but if I lay down the pain in the back slowly goes away and I get bowel movement and also the chills goes away and i feel better (so I can always defecate only in the morning).

I can't stress enough how this problem is really frustrating and really hard to solve, let me explain why. I had my back x-ray, ultrasound, colonoscopy (large intestine), blood tested and they found nothing, and my doctor tells me that those two problems (back and digestion) are not connected (for me it's a weird coincidence that both problems would happened at the same time) and it shall pass, that's probably my back muscles that hurts and it's ibs and i shouldn't worry about it. Which frustrates me because I can't just ignore the problem, because now after a year I also got tonsil stones, have frequent urination and my lymph nodes sometimes hurts. I tried a lot of things ate fibers and exercise, which I all did also before the problems started, but it's true that a month before problems started I was really nervous and sit really a lot because of exams.

Please if anyone has found a solution, knows what to do or have same symptoms so we can help each other, please let me know on this forum or on my email tom.cla@gmx.com I would be so grateful.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hi!
I'm 24 years old male and about a year ago health problems started for me.

Let me describe my specific problem: I woke up with a back pain (middle left side/ribs area), I had no appetite and was nauseous, then I become constipated, but what makes my problem really different is if I am standing up i feel terrible pain in the back and i got chills like I have a fever, but if I lay down the pain in the back slowly goes away and I get bowel movement and also the chills goes away and i feel better (so I can always defecate only in the morning).

I can't stress enough how this problem is really frustrating and really hard to solve, let me explain why. I had my back x-ray, ultrasound, colonoscopy (large intestine), blood tested and they found nothing, and my doctor tells me that those two problems (back and digestion) are not connected (for me it's a weird coincidence that both problems would happened at the same time) and it shall pass, that's probably my back muscles that hurts and it's ibs and i shouldn't worry about it. Which frustrates me because I can't just ignore the problem, because now after a year I also got tonsil stones, have frequent urination and my lymph nodes sometimes hurts. I tried a lot of things ate fibers and exercise, which I all did also before the problems started, but it's true that a month before problems started I was really nervous and sit really a lot because of exams.

Please if anyone has found a solution, knows what to do or have same symptoms so we can help each other, please let me know on this forum or on my email tom.cla@gmx.com I would be so grateful.

Since gluten intolerance can cause a variety of problems, it is hard to say your back pain and other issues are NOT gluten-related. They MAY be.

I have awful back pain and abdominal muscle pain and they certainly ARE related to many years of digestive/bowel issues.

Doctors often say two seemingly unrelated problems are not connected because they SYMPTOM treat and fail to view the human body as a whole.

That said, I do not know if your health problems are related to gluten intolerance or not. I notice the doctor did NOT do an endoscopy with biopsy...so no diagnostic testing has been done for celiac, I take it? How about blood panels?

Have you tried eliminating gluten? Did the pain go away?

If you continue to develop problems, especially if you say your lymph nodes are involved?...I would get another opinion.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 Guest_tactoc_*

Guest_tactoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

tnx IrishHeart for your reply, yes you're wright no testing for celiac has been done, which I'm planing to go as soon as possible. I didn't try to elimminatign gluten yet so I'm not sure if tthis is the reason for back pain, but I was thinking to go off gluten products and realized that's easier said that done :)

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

tnx IrishHeart for your reply, yes you're wright no testing for celiac has been done, which I'm planing to go as soon as possible. I didn't try to elimminatign gluten yet so I'm not sure if tthis is the reason for back pain, but I was thinking to go off gluten products and realized that's easier said that done :)

You want to be consuming gluten when you get tested, so don't go off it yet!!

Even if the tests come back negative, they are often false negative (mine was)

Here is a link to a list of over 300 symptoms and conditions associated with celiac disease.
http://glutenfreewor.../symptom-guide/

If I were you, I would print it, circle every single symptom you have --and add the ones that are not on the list, too--and take it to your doctor. I went undiagnosed for YEARS because doctors only think of celiac when there is prolonged diarrhea or loss of weight. I was overweight for years--and they dismissed ALL the other symptoms. Then, my weight plummeted 90 lbs. and I lost muscle mass and developed so many other problems. You do not want that.

Good luck--and be persistent! Certainly, you have some health issues that deserve attention. I wish you well.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: