This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Did It! I Did It!

Poppi

Poppi Enthusiast

After several frustrating baking disasters I made really good chocolate chip cookies! Yay me!

Even with my brain not working and my whole body aching from a glutening yesterday I still managed to produce delicious cookies.

(Can you tell I'm very excited?)

I love to bake so every baking success is cause for celebration and the failures are very frustrating to me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

Yay for you!! :) The more you bake the fewer your failures will be as you get used to the flours and the different consistencies of the batters/doughs. It is all a learning experience.

Mizzo Enthusiast

After several frustrating baking disasters I made really good chocolate chip cookies! Yay me!

Even with my brain not working and my whole body aching from a glutening yesterday I still managed to produce delicious cookies.

(Can you tell I'm very excited?)

I love to bake so every baking success is cause for celebration and the failures are very frustrating to me.

AWESOME! I love it when that happens.

Now share your recipe :-)

ladymiss Rookie

yes, please share or just send some over....

Marilyn R Community Regular

Yay Poppi!

I can't imagine how exhausted you are from being glutened and having five great kids! Double yay for you! :D

Poppi Enthusiast

Picture055.webp

Here they are. I'm so happy. We had a playdate and everyone (kids and adults) loved them.

I'll post the recipe later if anyone would like it.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Picture055.webp

Here they are. I'm so happy. We had a playdate and everyone (kids and adults) loved them.

I'll post the recipe later if anyone would like it.

They look awesome cannot wait for the recipe! Hugs to you, beng glutened and baking!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Diane-in-FL Explorer

They look awesome!!!!

AzizaRivers Apprentice

As soon as you post the recipe I'm going to have to try it. Cookies are one thing I haven't gotten right yet, for some reason (though I've made awesome cupcakes and muffins), with the exception of flourless peanut butter ones. I just tried making banana cookies last night and they were half decent straight from the oven, but today the leftovers were super soggy and spongy and didn't taste like much besides banana and tapioca flour, even though tapioca was the least of the 5 flours I used! Oh, the mysteries of gluten free baking.

cassP Contributor

YESSSSSSSSS please post the recipe!!!! ive NEVER seen gluten-free choco chip cookies look that good ever!! damnnnnnn

Poppi Enthusiast

Here's the recipe:

1 cup white rice flour

1 cup sorghum flour

1/4 cup potato starch

1 tsp xanthan gum

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup vegetable shortening

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 cups chocolate chips

combine dry ingredients with a whisk and set aside

In the mixer, cream the shortening and sugars until smooth

Add vanilla and 2 eggs, beat until nice and fluffy, scraping the bowl a few times.

Gradually beat in flour mixture until well combined

Stir in chocolate chips

Bake rounded tablespoons on parchment paper (on cookie sheets obviously) at 350 degrees (I used the convection setting in my oven so watch the first batch carefully in your own and adjust time or temperature accordingly) for approximately 10 minutes.

Cool on a rack.

ENJOY!

* You could try using butter instead of shortening but when I tried that the cookies spread too much, even when I chilled the dough.

I have a celiac friend in my knitting group who also enjoyed these cookies tonight. I hope you like them too.

Monael Apprentice

They look delicious!

Archived