This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Question On Posting

Guest marshlakemom

Guest marshlakemom

I started a topic entitled "A cute read"...the other day, but it doesn't seem to be here. It was for a day then it just disappeared. I started the post by clicking on "new topic" here in this thread, and it posted but now it is gone.

Any suggestions???

Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

It has not been pinned yet. When it is then it will show up. You can see it in Todays Active Posts now though.

It was just pinned by the way and you can read it in the Gab Room

gf4life Enthusiast

It was originaly posted in the wrong forum and one of the moderators moved it to a more appropriate forum. You can always find your own posts by clicking on your own user name and then on "find member's posts", listed under the profile options on the right side of the page.

God bless,

Mariann

christtheking Contributor

I use forums all over the internet...ALL OVER THE INTERNET...

I am a member of about 10 to15 different forums... ranging from Saabs to Graphic Design. In all my posting, I have never come accross a board that checks each post and doesn't put them in the topic right away. What are you guys so worried about? Do you have to monitor everthing? This is not Russia you know and the cold war is over. If someone post something in the wrong area or not according to your guidlines, then take care of it later, why hinder the rest of us. There is no need to run your forum unlike anyother.

PS it will be interesting to see if this post actually makes it online.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

We do not check each post. When you start a topic that is the only thing we check and then a moderator has to pin that in a section before it will show up there(however it can still be read in the todays active posts). Everything else is not checked before it is posted.

I hope this helps you understand a bit how this forum works :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

I think the logic behind it is this:

1. It is not about security--you can still see the post (for example, under view new posts and on one of the final pages under the section in which it was posted.

2. It makes things easier for moderators. A pinned topic tells us not to worry about it--it's been read and moved if necessary. It is not a duplicate post, nor is it spam.

3. If not for this feature, we'd end up checking posts numerous times and many duplicates and misplaced posts would slip through.

VydorScope Proficient

I actully am a member of a board that DOES check EVERY post befor its publicly viewable, sometimes it takes a day or more for posts you make to show up at all. Its very annoying.

The "pinning" method they use here is understandable. And to be honest if your like most ppl that just click "View New Posts", it has no impact on what you view.

My own forum I need the pin feature for what it was intended for by the board authors, so I could not use thier method, but I do see the sense in it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest marshlakemom

Where do I click to view new posts, can't seem to find it on my screen here.

Thanks

gf4life Enthusiast

Deb,

Up at the top of the webpage there are a few different bars that contain links in them. There is one that says:

Logged in as:___( Log Out ) My Blog · My Controls · View New Posts

Just click on that link that says View New Posts and it will show you a list of all the posts that have been made since the last time you logged on. If you don't visit the site very often this can be a lot of pages, but you can scan through them and just view the ones that are of interest to you.

God bless,

Mariann

Guest marshlakemom

Ummmmm, I don't seem to have those options made available to me on, they are not there.

I show Site Index, Log in, User Logoff, Gluten Free Food, Whats New, and Home and thats it.

Nothing showing Logged in as _______ or View New Posts

Deb

VydorScope Proficient
Ummmmm, I don't seem to have those options made available to me on, they are not there.

I show Site Index, Log in, User Logoff, Gluten Free Food, Whats New, and Home and thats it.

Nothing showing Logged in as _______ or View New Posts

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like your looking way up top.... look lower down on the screen, just a little aboeve where you post, and on the right hand side.

VydorScope Proficient
Guest marshlakemom

I see where you mean, but the box those options should be in is blank. I wonder if it is because I have an older computer, and not pulling up the latest version of this forum. Would that make any sense?????

Thanks anyway for your help you guys.

Deb

VydorScope Proficient
I see where you mean, but the box those options should be in is blank.  I wonder if it is because I have an older computer, and not pulling up the latest version of this forum.  Would that make any sense?????

Thanks anyway  for your help you guys.

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know how to dump your cache in internet Explorer? If not heres what you shoudl try nextt.... (I am assuming you have a somewhat current version Internet Explorer)

Open internet explore, go to TOOLS inthe top menu bar , then INTERNET OPTIONS then pick DELETE FILES. It will ask you if your sure and all that. Tell it you are. Then once that is done, REBOOT your computer (do not skip this step) and then come back here and try again.

Post back how that goes...

Archived