3 replies to this topic

#1 etta694

etta694

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Just a quick vent here... I have been feeling so dragged out lately and unmotivated. I know/knew it was the gluten but didn't know exactly what.. and didn't feel well enough to figure it out. Finally a few days ago I eliminated a couple of things(I hadn't realized contained soy) out of my diet and took some liquid iron which helped some. I have enough energy now to come on here and look for some more answers. I am so thankful for this forum.
My problem? Cross-contamination. Wooden spoons, plastic (cracked)spatula, etc. Why I didn't look at that before, I don't know. Dead brain cells from years of gluten exposure...? :P And also I felt so good initially from going gluten free. I didn't think I would get more sensitive than I was... and yet I knew, you know, from reading this forum. Anyway, now I have hope that I can get up and running and back to 'normal'. :D
Anemia and IBS through my life
2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.
After 5 days - insides began to move
Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hi you! :)

Well, I am so glad you figured that bugger out! You were doing so well and now, you can resume that upswing!! YYAAAAYY!!
Spring come yet up there? How's the support group going!?
hugs, IH

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 etta694

etta694

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

Spring has sprung! Hey Irishheart back atcha! TOMORROW! That's our group,s big potluck. I am so glad I am able to enjoy this. I am going to be on my knees praying over that potluck! This is our first and I know that not everyone has the same level of concern about cc yet (and the finger would have been pointing back at me if I hadn't figured this out). Plus I haven't heard anyone say... 'I have a soy issue.' except me... so...
Hoping Sunday will be a 'Happy Mother's Day' with no cc issues from the night before. :P
Anemia and IBS through my life
2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.
After 5 days - insides began to move
Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Spring has sprung! Hey Irishheart back atcha! TOMORROW! That's our group,s big potluck. I am so glad I am able to enjoy this. I am going to be on my knees praying over that potluck! This is our first and I know that not everyone has the same level of concern about cc yet (and the finger would have been pointing back at me if I hadn't figured this out). Plus I haven't heard anyone say... 'I have a soy issue.' except me... so...
Hoping Sunday will be a 'Happy Mother's Day' with no cc issues from the night before. :P

Enjoy--and you're doing good work with that group! They are lucky to have you running it. Hey, no cheesecake this time :unsure:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: