#1 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hi -

We are going on the Disney Dream in August. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this line? My son is gluten free/mostly casein free not b/c of celiac but b/c of autism. Unfortunately b/c of his autism he is very sensitive to food textures, so he won't for example eat meat. At home I'm able to work around his idiosyncracies (sp?) - lots of scrambled eggs, bean dip made with cashews, beans, gluten free pasta with pesto, etc. I'm trying to figure out what he's going eat for a week! Do they have gluten free bread, pancakes (I know some places do gluten-free pancakes in the parks), soy yogurt, gluten-free pasta, etc.? I tried to call Disney for more information and they weren't real helpful. Basically referred me back to my travel agent and told me to fill out a special services form.

If you've gone on a Disney cruise, can you tell me what kinds of gluten-free, dairy free options they had besides meat?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 killernj13

killernj13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

the Disney parks / resorts are well known for being very Celiac friendly so I would assume the cruise line would be the same.

#3 anna34

anna34

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi -

We are going on the Disney Dream in August. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this line? My son is gluten free/mostly casein free not b/c of celiac but b/c of autism. Unfortunately b/c of his autism he is very sensitive to food textures, so he won't for example eat meat. At home I'm able to work around his idiosyncracies (sp?) - lots of scrambled eggs, bean dip made with cashews, beans, gluten free pasta with pesto, etc. I'm trying to figure out what he's going eat for a week! Do they have gluten free bread, pancakes (I know some places do gluten-free pancakes in the parks), soy yogurt, gluten-free pasta, etc.? I tried to call Disney for more information and they weren't real helpful. Basically referred me back to my travel agent and told me to fill out a special services form.

If you've gone on a Disney cruise, can you tell me what kinds of gluten-free, dairy free options they had besides meat?

Thanks!

I called the Disney Cruise line to ask the same questions and got an excellent response. I started out by mentioning that we have Celiac Disease and the employee immediately knew that meant "no gluten, right?". Perhaps you can call back and get a different person who will assist you?
blood test "borderline" (February 2011)
no further testing
gluten-free (March 2011)
positive response

#4 nothungry

nothungry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hi -

Thanks!

I was on the Disney Dream in February. My daughter and I are both gluten free, and I am a vegetarian as well. Everything went very smoothly! We had it on our reservation that we needed to be gluten-free. So, when we got on board at our first meal we spoke to the head chef. He told us to pre order all of our meals, and it worked out great. We ate at all of the main restaurants successfully, when we went to the buffet, the process was very very long!

We had gluten-free pancakes, rolls, cake, and gluten-free pasta was available but I don't think we ordered any. There are many posts about this topic on disboards. Let me know if you need any more info! Also, there is a fridge in your stateroom and you can bring food on board with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: