15 replies to this topic

#16 stellinpa

stellinpa

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case for my husband who has been a chronic insomniac for over ten years. Going gluten free two years ago has totally changed our life - he's healthier, happier, thinner, stronger, etc...but still has restless leg syndrome and still sleeps poorly. Sleep is definatley worse when he gets glutened, but pretty bad all the time. As someone who shares a bed with him I've noticed on his particularly bad nights (anxiety attacks, bad RLS, etc.) his whole body seems to radiate heat. He gets so warm that it's uncomfortable for me to touch him. Anyone else have additional solutions to sleep problems?

I have had Restless Leg Syndrome for years. I took medication for it and it really helped me. Unfortunately the medication stopped working several months ago. Going Gluten Free did not seem to help but just recently I cut milk out of my diet and the last 2 nights I had the best sleep I've had in years! I don't know if it is related or not but it's worth a try.

He might want to see a Neurologist about his restless legs.
Life without horse? I don't think so!

Gluten Free since Jan. 2011. Not diagnosed, got tired of going to Drs and tried it on my own.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: