Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do You Ever Just Not Care?

30 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome to everyone:

I spent eight weeks at my mom's because I was so sick I couldn't carry on anymore, so many of you are new to me. Anyway, I put on 20 lbs. while I was there!

It is very hard, so much of our lives involve food, going to someones house, out to eat, just sitting around talking.

I think most of us went through all of the emotions you are feeling. It does get better though, just one day you will get done being angry and see that there are so many worse diseases.

What I am trying to say is I think it's normal to be angry at first, but I promise it will pass.

Not that there won't be times when you think it sucks, maybe even cheat as I did, then you will get so tired of being sick and the way it drains your body that you will realize that it's just not worth eating that gluten stuff. It can feel overwhelming, but that's why we are here, to help and support each other.There were many people on this board that helped me see that. It will just come to you one day and then it will be ok.

Remember for each of us that get a diagnosis, thousands are either having silent damage or are so ill and don't know why. Probably being told by their doctors that it's all stress, IBS or in their head. I think that's what makes me grateful, for many years I really believed it was all stress. While I wish I didn't have it I am also grateful that at least I know why I was so ill.

Hey, there is a new topic, what is everyone grateful for?

If you just want to talk just email any of us and we will get back to you!

It appears I just went on and on, I just wanted to welcome all the new people. :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:
Hey, there is a new topic, what is everyone grateful for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

celiac disease or gluten intolerance was the best thing that ever happened to me. I went through 36 years of pure hell because of it but now I am being rewarded for sticking it out. I used to be obese but I am now down to 160lbs and actually have abs. I got rid of a dopey wife who just couldn't accept my disease and traded her in for a wonderful new girlfreind. I almost lost my job but now I have so many great things happening career wise. The opportunities being presented to me are almost overwhelming. I now have so much energy that most "normal" people can't keep up with me. My girlfreind says... Ummmmmm I can't talk about that here. :lol: :lol:

When I finally figured out what the problem was I heartily embraced the gluten-free lifestyle and have never looked back. Discovering you have celiac disease means that you have been given a second chance at life. Embrace it now because you may not get a third chance. I am not very religous but God does provide a path for your life but it is up to you to find it and follow it. This doesn't mean it will be easy but you will be rewarded for your efforts.

I normally do very well on my gluten-free diet and accept it as my life. However, last week I had my "non-caring" moment. I was fixing taco salad, thought I still had a packet of gluten-free taco seasoning, but didn't. My dear husband, who is very supportive, went to the store to get me a packet. We live in a small town and the selection is very poor. He came home with Taco Bell seasoning in which the first ingredient was wheat flour. Poor husband didn't think of reading the label on that. He felt bad but I was so aggravated that he couldn't just go to the store and pick up something for me that I used it and ate it with the rest of the family. Also, lately, it has bothered me when we've been away from home and couldn't just pull in to any restaurant and get something to eat like everyone else does. But I know I will overcome! :lol:

Good Ianm, I am glad everything is going good for you! What is everyone else grateful for?

I was obese prior to my dx and now after losing 80 pounds I am well on my way to being the healthy slim looker that I know I am! That's what I'm grateful for!

Oh and the fact that my daughter will not have to go through years of being sick with no one knowing what was causing her symptoms and not calling her a hypochondriac because they couldn't find a physically apparent reason...