Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Truth About Gluten

7 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

Hmm...I didn't realize there was a gluten free debate. Is this like the Climate Change debate where one side has facts and evidence and the other sticks their head in the sand and hums a Frank Sinatra tune?

How very, very strange.

Hmm...I didn't realize there was a gluten free debate. Is this like the Climate Change debate where one side has facts and evidence and the other sticks their head in the sand and hums a Frank Sinatra tune?

How very, very strange.

Well, for those on our side there is no debate, but it seems there is another side which wants to debate it :P

Is this like the Climate Change debate where one side has facts and evidence and the other sticks their head in the sand and hums a Frank Sinatra tune?

A discussion about climate change does not belong here. I'm sure there is a discussion board somewhere that will welcome it.

Derogatory comments about either side of that debate come close to violating the rules here. Please stay on topic and respect all views, even those with which you disagree, whether they are members here or not.

While I do think there are probably people who do latch on to fads that come around-and it appears that there might be some who could be going gluten free for that reason, I really wish they would have acknowledged how many people have had symptom relief by going gluten free. I am one such person. Believe me, I am the last person to follow a fad. But I have had the most amazing relief of symptoms (mainly gastrointestinal but also depression relief and my head doesn't itch like it used to). What do they have to say about that? They seemed to ignore that aspect.

While I do think there are probably people who do latch on to fads that come around-and it appears that there might be some who could be going gluten free for that reason, I really wish they would have acknowledged how many people have had symptom relief by going gluten free. I am one such person. Believe me, I am the last person to follow a fad. But I have had the most amazing relief of symptoms (mainly gastrointestinal but also depression relief and my head doesn't itch like it used to). What do they have to say about that? They seemed to ignore that aspect.

In this article it seems to be ascribed to the "placebo effect", as in "it's all in your head." :blink: But at least they did balance this point of view out a little.

Well, for those on our side there is no debate, but it seems there is another side which wants to debate it :P

I am glad to see that you got my meaning and it's relevance mushroom. ;)