1 reply to this topic

#1 StephanieSD

StephanieSD

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hello! We moved to Hyderabad, India, a few months ago. I'm finally starting to feel settled but I'm having trouble with the names of some of the flours and figuring out which ones are wheat flour and which aren't. I know that besan is a lentil flour and jowar is sorghum. I've also found corn flour and rice flour. I've heard that millet and buckwheat flours are available but I don't know the local names for them. Can anyone tell me? And are there any other flours I should be looking for? Thank you!

Stephanie
StephanieSD

Gluten-free since 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MTG

MTG

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hello! We moved to Hyderabad, India, a few months ago. I'm finally starting to feel settled but I'm having trouble with the names of some of the flours and figuring out which ones are wheat flour and which aren't. I know that besan is a lentil flour and jowar is sorghum. I've also found corn flour and rice flour. I've heard that millet and buckwheat flours are available but I don't know the local names for them. Can anyone tell me? And are there any other flours I should be looking for? Thank you!

Stephanie

This could maybe help with some different flours.
http://en.wikipedia....spices_&_grains

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: