#1 sunnydayzahead

sunnydayzahead

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi there:
I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with using the Celiacsure Test home test. It is supposed to be 93.5% accurate. The website is www.glutenpro.com. Here is an insert they use to describe what it is testing for? I am new to this site, so maybe this topic has been discussed before and I have missed it - but I just wondered if this would be an okay test for my kids as I would like to have them tested - maybe less stressful than going to a lab for full blood work :( It is a product made in Mississauga ON, and costs $50.00.

Any input or opinions is much appreciated!!! :)

Ok - here is the information they use:

FOR PROFESSIONALS

CELIACSURE™ is a rapid immunochromatographic test that detects anti-tissue transglutaminase (anti-tTG) IgA antibodies from a blood sample. If the sample contains anti-tTG IgA antibodies, these will bind with the gold labelled anti-IgA antibodies and the tTG (derived from the lysis of red blood cells in the dilution buffer). tTG will then bind the complex to the stationary protein line (test line) forming a visible, red line.

CELIACSURE™ is as accurate as a doctor’s test and uses the same technology to detect specific IgA antibodies that react with tissue transglutaminase – a well known marker for Celiac disease.
All that is required is a small pin-prick of blood from your finger tip which is obtained hygienically with the small sterile lancet within the test kit. You get your results in less than 10 minutes with a clear yes or no.

This simple blood test is CE marked according to the IVD directive 98/79EC demonstrating that it meets the stringent European medical device requirements for a home test for Celiac disease. In addition, CELIACSURE™ is licensed by Health Canada.

multiple symptoms for twelve years before first diagnosis at age 44 of microscopic colitis in august 2008
diagnosed positive for celiac july 2010 by positive blood test followed by positive biopsy
three children - still to be tested but two of three showing symptoms of celiac :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jenngolightly

jenngolightly

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Sounds like a scam. You should ask your doctor or a lab technician if this would be enough blood for an accurate diagnosis.
Jenn
dx celiac 9/2007: gluten-free 9/2007
corn intolerant: corn-free 5/2010
nut allergy: nut-free 8/2010

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

i'd rather just go to the doctor and have it done.

#4 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

My blood tests through doctor were negative but other testing showed genetically intolerant to gluten. So not sure how much I'd trust an off the shelf test anyway. The best test is still giving up gluten, whether it confirms celiac or non celiac gluten intolerance, or whatever they'll call it in 10 years (after the dust settles).
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: