Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

At Home Celiac Test

4 posts in this topic

Hi there:

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with using the Celiacsure Test home test. It is supposed to be 93.5% accurate. The website is www.glutenpro.com. Here is an insert they use to describe what it is testing for? I am new to this site, so maybe this topic has been discussed before and I have missed it - but I just wondered if this would be an okay test for my kids as I would like to have them tested - maybe less stressful than going to a lab for full blood work :( It is a product made in Mississauga ON, and costs $50.00.

Any input or opinions is much appreciated!!! :)

Ok - here is the information they use:

FOR PROFESSIONALS

CELIACSURE

Ads by Google:

Sounds like a scam. You should ask your doctor or a lab technician if this would be enough blood for an accurate diagnosis.

i'd rather just go to the doctor and have it done.

My blood tests through doctor were negative but other testing showed genetically intolerant to gluten. So not sure how much I'd trust an off the shelf test anyway. The best test is still giving up gluten, whether it confirms celiac or non celiac gluten intolerance, or whatever they'll call it in 10 years (after the dust settles).