At Home Celiac Test

4 posts in this topic

Hi there:

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with using the Celiacsure Test home test. It is supposed to be 93.5% accurate. The website is Here is an insert they use to describe what it is testing for? I am new to this site, so maybe this topic has been discussed before and I have missed it - but I just wondered if this would be an okay test for my kids as I would like to have them tested - maybe less stressful than going to a lab for full blood work :( It is a product made in Mississauga ON, and costs $50.00.

Any input or opinions is much appreciated!!! :)

Ok - here is the information they use:

Ads by Google:

Sounds like a scam. You should ask your doctor or a lab technician if this would be enough blood for an accurate diagnosis.

i'd rather just go to the doctor and have it done.

My blood tests through doctor were negative but other testing showed genetically intolerant to gluten. So not sure how much I'd trust an off the shelf test anyway. The best test is still giving up gluten, whether it confirms celiac or non celiac gluten intolerance, or whatever they'll call it in 10 years (after the dust settles).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Seeing as the flu shot will stimulate your immune system, it stands to reason that it could make symptoms flare.  I have never had a flu shot because I am low risk for catching it.  Now, I am nervous to try having one in case the above happens. I am not against vaccines, either, but I have never had the flu and just do not want a flare of symptoms......which can happen at any stage of recovery. I have been under stress for awhile after a few deaths in my family and sure enough, for the first time in 11 years, I have been having some subtle symptoms again and I have not been glutened at all. The docs tell me this is completely normal for those with AI diseases.  Trying to keep the immune system calm and happy can be challenging at times!
    • There's a gluten sniffing dog?????????????  I WANT ONE!  That way, as a service dog, I could take the pup into a restaurant and not be kicked out.  I have always marveled how in Europe, you see some dogs in cafes, sitting besides their owners while they eat. But having a dog to sniff out gluten is just so cool!
    • So, if this supposed damage cannot be seen under a microscope, how does Dr. Fine state with any amount of credibility that the damage is there?  He also needs to distinguish between NCGI and actual Celiac Disease because there is a huge difference. Regardless of what he claims, it is a well established fact that only in Celiac Disease is there villi damage. I am in no way dismissing the very severe symptoms of some with NCGI or its existence as an illness but people without Celiac do not usually have anemia, malabsorption and the resultant vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Their villi do not curl up and die. If there were damage done to a person with NCGI, then if on biopsy, the doctor hits a sweet spot, they would be able to see the damage under microscopic exam. I am also in no way defending the mainstream medical establishment because they certainly nearly killed me with their ignorance.  I know no doctor was looking for Celiac 30 years ago when I was sick but I presented with classic Celiac and they still got it wrong. So, I do hear you on that point but in today's world, we do understand Celiac much better and what Dr. Ford comes out with does not match known science. The problem we have is finding a sure fire way of diagnosing people before their guts are totally trashed.  I am sure testing will become much better and more sensitive for people in the early stages of the disease. I have a very open mind on medical issues and my doctor is a functional medicine MD. They have helped me more than most. But if Dr. Fine wants to be taken seriously, he needs to publish his findings for review by others in the medical field. He should be working with the current medical establishment to enlighten them if he has discovered things they haven't. But when he makes statements like the one I quoted, its hard to take him seriously. BTW....I encourage anyone who becomes ill from eating gluten to be tested for Celiac and if that cannot be proved, then by all means go strictly gluten-free. I know there are people who fall through the cracks but when someone states they need to be gluten-free for health reasons, I believe them!  You don't have to have a diagnosis to want to improve your health with a dietary change.  I am glad your husband has become well on the diet!  That really is the bottom line......  
    • I'm going to hope for a gluten-sniffing dog!  Funny, my 5th grader's science project was about cancer sniffing dogs.  During her presentation, she used our labrador to demonstrate.  She trained our dog to identify food masking as "cancer cells".  It was hilarious!  Our dog actually did it!   Anyway, I can't agree more with Gemini about the TTG measuring dietary compliance.  I continue to test negative to the TTG.   I think the DGP should be included in helping to determine dietary compliance.   Finally, I was saddened to hear that Dr. Fasano's recent research showed that some 20% of children are not experiencing intestinal healing.  We know from other studies that some 2/3 of  adult celiac patients never heal.  It is disheartening!  More post-diagnosis research and better tools to manage celiac disease are desperately needed.  
    • The flu vaccines can also be a bit of a gamble with what strains they put in each year. I've been OK with them generally but one year I had a really bad reaction to it and ended up feeling like someone was shoving razor blades down my throat for the best part of a week 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Carolyn Clark