Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Tea?

6 posts in this topic

I have an e mail into Yogi tea to find out how they seal there tea bags.

While I'm waiting I figured I'd ask here. I

Ads by Google:

All bigellow teas are seales with heat and they are all gluten-free except camamile

Steve,

I MAY have had a reaction to Yogi tea (Ginger Lemon, or something like that) the one time I drank it since going gluten-free. I tried calling the phone number on the box before I drank it, but I just got their voice mail. Not good enough when I'm visiting a close friend I haven't seen in at least a year and she offers me tea! So I tried it and ended up with a headache before the visit was over. I can't be 100% sure the tea was responsible (it could have been a hunger headache, although I almost never get those anymore since going gluten-free, even when I am VERY hungry), but I won't be drinking any more of it until and unless I speak with a customer service representative who can actually give me some facts!

flagbabyds,

Why is Bigelow chamomile tea not gluten-free? I'm just curious since I like a cup of chamomile tea every now and then.

I have conflicting information as to the gluten-free status of bigelow teas, so I just e-mailed the company. I'll share the info when they get back to me.

The chamomile seems to be gluten-free. At least it is on the list of gluten-free teas I have, but that is why I am double checking. Some of their teas are also NOT dairy free, so I requested a list of the ones with dairy also, so I can avoid those too.

Celestial Seasonings is good, and they are labeling their packages as gluten free, for the teas that are infact gluten-free.

God bless,

Mariann

Well I got a response from Yogi Tea about the bags.

Dear Steve:

Thank you for the email regarding the tea bag closure. We do not use any glue or adhesives on the tea bags. They are heat sealed.

Best wishes,

Valerie Crowley

Yogi Tea

They say on there web site that the tea is gluten-free but produced in a factory that also contains Gluten.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• pablito, here is the full serum (blood) panel. Make sure your doc runs ALL of the tests on it, not just 1 or 2. Insist!!!!! YOU are in charge. Remember that. Some people test negative on the most common 1 or 2 tests they run so it's always better to have the full panel run. Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
      Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
      Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
      Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
      Total Serum IgA   
      Also can be termed this way: Endomysial Antibody IgA
      Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 
      GLIADIN IgG
      GLIADIN IgA
      Total Serum IgA 
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG Remember that celiac disease is a genetically inherited disease so it's important for you to find out if you have it and if so, then your kids & all first degree relatives (siblings, parents) need to be tested every 2 years in the absence of symptoms but right away if symptoms present. Do not go gluten free after the blood work as if you get positive blood work, you will need an endoscopy which you'll need to continue eating gluten for. The pimple things may or may not be the celiac rash as there are many skin problems associated with celiacs.
    • Hi, I've been experiencing on and off left side abd pain and bloating for about 3-4 years (doctors in the past didn't help much, just said I have IBS). My new doctor did some blood work and found out  my vitamin D was low, CRP was high.  Antigiladin Igg was a weak positive. I had an endoscopy done and the doctor confirmed I don't have Celiac, but she found very small ulcers (took Pepcid for 2 weeks). She also told me I have a leaky gut and non celiac gluten sensitivity. I'm taking probiotics for the leaky gut.  So for the past 3 months I've been eating gluten free and the pain came back 2 times.  The pain is always on the left side of my abdomen. Makes me feel weak, starts with constipation and usually ends with diarrhea. Tylenol helps the pain.  I'm waiting on my food allergy tests results to see if it can be anything other than gluten. So my question is, what does a weak positive Antigiladin IGG mean if a gluten free diet is not helping?  Could the "leaky gut" cause my Antigiladin IGG to rise? Really confused here, just want to start feeling better and not have the pain come back ever again.     Thanks
    • Thank you very much for the reply and advice I assume doctors didn't know or check into this disease too much back in the early 80's or my family doctor would have easily seen these symptoms and discussed this with me then. If I do have this disease it would explain a lot about my health and overall physical discomfort all my life. Pretty sad if it is the case and it could have been prevented but thankful I know about it now. I have made an apt with my doctor so shouldn't be long before I know for sure. Thanks again for your help
    • I continue to do more research but only found 3 journal articles which discuss the reversal of the fold pattern, possibly why I can't find answers I was waiting on on my latest celiac panel to come back so here it is, expecting slight cross contamination from eating out and possible several recent dentist visits. All three tests are based on a normal scale of 0-20 being within range.  DPG IgA - 24.5 DPG IgG – 6.84 tTg IgA – 22
    • Coffee giant Starbucks looks to feature more and better dietary specialty options, including gluten-free products. Will they succeed? View the full article
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ashey