This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Self-Linking Etiquette/rules On The Forum

U Gluten Free

psawyer Proficient

The image I posted is from MS Internet Explorer 8. I also use Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox. I used to use Firefox as my primary browser, but have had problems with it and it is no longer my first choice.

Image from Chrome:

chrome.webp

Image from Safari:

Safari.webp

Image from Firefox:

firefox.webp

Maybe it only works in the Northern Hemisphere. Could it be affected by seismic disruptions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

I don't have the manage blog but I didn't start a blog. domestic activist, did you do the start a blog thingy?

I don't want to start a blog cause I talk to much on here, no one wants me to blog. :o

kareng Grand Master

I don't have the manage blog but I didn't start a blog. domestic activist, did you do the start a blog thingy?

I don't want to start a blog cause I talk to much on here, no one wants me to blog. :o

I replied before I saw there was a whole other page full of magical pictures. I do have that blogs part then it let's you start a new blog if you agree to the term, conditions, mail a box of homemade gluten-free treats to Scott, etc.

mushroom Proficient

Peter's screen is all squished up. I have a wide screen, and I tthink that the Blogs that he has "floating" around is the one I have in my option line next to Calendar. :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

Maybe it only works in the Northern Hemisphere. Could it be affected by seismic disruptions?

Maybe it's upside-down for you people down there.

psawyer Proficient

Peter's screen is all squished up. I have a wide screen, and I tthink that the Blogs that he has "floating" around is the one I have in my option line next to Calendar. :rolleyes:

This is an old notebook (ThinkPad T43 running XP SP2). If the line is too long, it will wrap around to the next line. If you have shiny new hardware with a wide screen, maybe you should look to the right instead of the left. :o

mushroom Proficient

Maybe it's upside-down for you people down there.

No need for that - we walk around on our heads B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

domesticactivist Collaborator

Hey! Yay! I have a blog. I tried linking to my external blog and it seems to just create a link rather than showing posts. I haven't done a new post on my external blog yet, so we'll see if it shows up here as well next time. If not, I'll just create a local blog. Cool. Thanks.

sa1937 Community Regular

For me it's next to the Calendar, too. Wonder if it depends on screen resolution. ???

Hm. So new posts from my linked blog don't show up. I started trying to make a local blog but it doesn't let me copy-paste in html. I tried using the "Other Styles" drop down menu, which inserted a

at the beginning and 

at the end, but it still just put my html in the post as typed (and not wrapping) like a pre tag would actual html. Is there any way to be able to put in html so I don't have to re-write all my posts with this annoying wysiwyg editor?

cute. So when I tried to show what it did, it used the tag. sigh. I hate these stupid editors.

psawyer Proficient

Tags from HTML which use < and > as delimeters do not work here.

Open Original Shared Link do generally work.

Ugh. Does anyone have a handy script to change html to bbcode?

I bet no iframes or links to amazon or floating images work on the blog either, eh? Maybe it's too much trouble.

psawyer Proficient

Links to the site named after the largest river in South America can not be posted here. You get (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) if you try to post their url.

OK, so now I've added a bunch of posts, and I tried to add another one. After the tedious process of changing everything to bbcode it is now telling me I've posted too many images. It doesn't say if that's a total in my blog or just per post. I can't find the place where it tells me how many are allowed. The pictures are documenting a step by step process, so it's kind of annoying to have to remove them. Grrr.

psawyer Proficient

Joy, the limit is on images in a single post. I don't know exactly what it is. You can post clickable links to images with no limit that I know of. If you are posting on the board you can break the post up into two or more posts. I don't know about the blogs.

Skylark Collaborator

Oh wow, domesticactivist. You're a real blogger! That borscht recipe looks awesome. I just wanted a spot to store some forum posts that took a while to type. :lol:

Oh, nice. If you want to keep track of a good blog, there is a "like" button on it. Then you can get to it from the little drop-down menu you get when you click your name as "My Liked Content".

Thank you! I must admit I have help with the blog! My partner, Kelsy, does most of the cooking and wrote most of the food posts that are up so far. I have written a bunch but have yet to convert them to bbcode :) if you look on the original blog you can see which of us wrote them.

I hadn't realized how popular the blogs here are - I hadn't looked at them at all until yesterday. It's a whole new world!

OK, my blog is all caught up with the original one, now. You can see it at The Liberated Kitchen, Redux. Thanks for all your help! Now we'll see if I can keep it updated ;)

Shoot. So I misunderstood this thread and thought links to my site from a BLOG post would be ok. I pasted all my blogs in from my editor on my (wordpress) site and tediously changed it all to bbcode and removed every link and picture from amazon, and now I'm in big trouble because most of my posts has links to other posts from my blog (like they do on the real site). I now have to go in there and figure out what the new link to the blog here would be, and then change them all. This is really, really annoying. Hope my little rant saves someone else the trouble. Grrrrrrr. Almost in tears. Sigh. Why do I even bother.

Do you all think I'm some annoying spammer? I'm not just pretending to be a celiac mommy so I can sell stuff. Geesh.

And my post about my facebook page was removed, which I find weird, because this site has the facebook feature built in. WTF.

Jestgar Rising Star

Sorry. :( We're trying to figure out what would be the most reasonable way to do this without allowing loopholes that would let people run their business from this site. Just hang on a bit longer, OK? We are trying to come up with a fair plan.

That makes sense. I'm sorry I got bent out of shape. I can prevent backlinks from new posts on the blog. Going back and fixing the old ones is just daunting.

Skylark Collaborator

Do you do any scripting? It wouldn't be very difficult to write a perl script with some regular expressions that strips out the back links. Also there are a LOT of perl scrips kicking around the web that convert HTML to BBcode and back that you might find handy.

Archived