This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Delightfully Gluten-free

ErraticBinxie

ErraticBinxie Explorer

Being gluten-free isn't always fun. In fact it is hardly a blessing at all. I have been gluten-free for 10 years now and I sometimes I struggle with eating well. Usually I live on corn tortillas and cheese. I have also not been so lucky to live in a city with an abundance of gluten-free stores such as people in New York or Los Angeles get to experience. But occasionally I have the pleasure of finding something gluten-free that had been right under my nose for years.

The purpose of this post is for everyone to share a hopeful story that shows that being gluten-free is becoming more popular as more people find out about it. So if you have a story of being delightfully surprised by something gluten-free please share. I will go first.

I was at a restaurant near my house called Rose's Deli and they had a "wheatless chocolate torte" on the menu. We asked the waitress to bring back the ingredients hoping that maybe, just maybe I could eat it. She came back and said, "The cook said it's gluten-free....whatever that means."

Please share...I would love to hear.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melly Rookie

hey my sister had a slumber party and we were looking for foods and we found some utz cheese balls i pointed them out to my dad he said read the label i did I found maltodextrin and we thought that had gluten i would usualy just stop there

but for sme reson i keeped reading and at the end i was astunded to read this is a gluten free food

DragonQueen Explorer

I have a couple stories taking place in restaurants.

One time we were eating at PF Changs. (chinese restaurant) and our waitress walked up to us and we asked for the gluten-free menu. she was very familiar with it in fact she was on the gluten-free diet herself and said that tons of kids who come here are also gluten-free.

okay the second story.

We decided to eat out at Outback once we found out alot of their food is gluten-free. We told our waiter about celiac and took our orders. He walked away saying "Ill come back shortly with some bread." We started laughing and he rushed back apologizing and laughing as well :rolleyes: .

Now were in Oklahoma (vaccation) to visit my grandparents. Theres a little town called Woodward that had a whole food store full of gluten free food.Boy was my mom surprised.

PicturePerfect Explorer

Hey!

Well, I do not know if you know this, but some places there are whole restaurants that are gluten-free!!! I was so excited to here that, especially since there is one in NYC because I am going on vacation there and I thought that I wouldn't be able to go out. :D

Also, there is WONDERFUL gluten-free bread at Whole Foods, but it is only served in some states (unfortunately not CA, where I live :( ) But its really good. B)

mytummyhurts Contributor

Yeah, there's an entirely gluten free restaurant north of Seattle, if anybody around here hasn't heard of it. Kaili's Kitchen in Lynnwood. I their website is wheatlessinseattle.com. It's very nice not to have to explain everything and just order a hamburger and fries or chicken strips. They also sell take away products like bread and stuff. Unfortunately, I'm over an hour away so I've only been once.

melly Rookie
Hey!

Well, I do not know if you know this, but some places there are whole restaurants that are gluten-free!!! I was so excited to here that, especially since there is one in NYC because I am going on vacation there and I thought that I wouldn't be able to go out. 

Also, there is WONDERFUL gluten-free bread at Whole Foods, but it is only served in some states (unfortunately not CA, where I live  ) But its really good. 

Yeah, there's an entirely gluten free restaurant north of Seattle, if anybody around here hasn't heard of it. Kaili's Kitchen in Lynnwood. I their website is wheatlessinseattle.com. It's very nice not to have to explain everything and just order a hamburger and fries or chicken strips. They also sell take away products like bread and stuff. Unfortunately, I'm over an hour away so I've only been once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do they have any gluten free restraunts and wounderful breads around boston ma because i live around there not in boston but realy close to it

:o

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Melly,

Try Whole Foods - I buy most of my breads, gluten-free Mac n Cheese, etc there.

Open Original Shared Link

Also, these restaurants have gluten-free menus

Pf Changs

Carrabas

Outback

Wendys

MC Donalds

Arbys

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melly Rookie
Melly,

Try Whole Foods - I buy most of my breads, gluten-free Mac n Cheese, etc there.

Open Original Shared Link

Also, these restaurants have gluten-free menus

Pf Changs

Carrabas

Outback

Wendys

MC Donalds

Arbys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

r u sure mcdonalds and wendys have gluen fre menus like how do you get one and whats on it

DragonQueen Explorer

Is there any other gluten free restaurants in Vegas? I already know of PF Changs.

I love my mac 'n cheese, I just take the Kraft cheese packets and put them with Whole Foods gluten-free pasta. :P

melly Rookie
Is there any other gluten free restaurants in Vegas? I already know of PF Changs.

I love my mac 'n cheese, I just take the Kraft cheese packets and put them with Whole Foods gluten-free pasta. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you live in vegas

DragonQueen Explorer

Yup :) But im visiting grandparents in Oklahoma.

Archived