6 replies to this topic

#1 rgarton

rgarton

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I think i got glutened by my body lotion, no i didnt check anything like that until i had a random gluten type reaction to something even though I am so careful. I realised it was my body lotion. This was three days ago and after being super careful i am still irritable, feeling faint before i need to go to the bathroom, the day after using my body lotion i had the big D and felt awful. I am still having weird BM's, its almost like constipation but coming out fast with more mucus... is this normal for after being glutened? I'm just wondering how other people are after being poisoned! Sorry about all the info...! You are the only people i can turn too!
Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

What brand body lotion did you use???
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#3 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

I think i got glutened by my body lotion, no i didnt check anything like that until i had a random gluten type reaction to something even though I am so careful. I realised it was my body lotion. This was three days ago and after being super careful i am still irritable, feeling faint before i need to go to the bathroom, the day after using my body lotion i had the big D and felt awful. I am still having weird BM's, its almost like constipation but coming out fast with more mucus... is this normal for after being glutened? I'm just wondering how other people are after being poisoned! Sorry about all the info...! You are the only people i can turn too!

I'm so sorry you're feeling so horrible. I think all of your symptoms are possible after being glutened, especially if you are in early diagnosis. There is never anything to be sorry about. We are here for you!!! Please feel free to PM me if you need to vent one-on-one.

There's a great online company called Body Sense that has gluten free products. I use their shampoo, conditioner and hairspray. The body wash doesn't get soapy enough so I just use ivory soap bars in the shower. I need to get lotion because I am definitely flakier than usual (pun intended). Just make sure you go to the gluten free page.

Sending positive energy and healing thoughts,
Loey

Here's a link to the gluten-free page:

http://www.BodySense.com/Gluten-Free-Products-s/67.htm

#4 Monael

Monael

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

You know what works really great and is pretty inexpensive? I use baby oil right after I get out of the shower and while I am still wet. You don't need to use a lot, and it lasts all day. My skin is super soft. The only lotion I need to use is hand lotion because I wash my hands a lot during the day and they get super dry.

#5 rgarton

rgarton

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Thnaks guys. I live in England and there is a shop called Body Shop and most of their stuff is gluten free which is reassuring, but buying everything again in one bulk is a little daunting on the money side of things of course! I used Botanics Body Lotion, with the name you'd presume it would be okay but good old wheat protein makes an appearance... And my hand cream and most my make up and my shampoo... Sigh! I am in the early diagnosis, only been gluten free for 4-5 months now... thank you for all your loving support, its nice to 'speak' to people who actually understand!

#6 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

Thnaks guys. I live in England and there is a shop called Body Shop and most of their stuff is gluten free which is reassuring, but buying everything again in one bulk is a little daunting on the money side of things of course! I used Botanics Body Lotion, with the name you'd presume it would be okay but good old wheat protein makes an appearance... And my hand cream and most my make up and my shampoo... Sigh! I am in the early diagnosis, only been gluten free for 4-5 months now... thank you for all your loving support, its nice to 'speak' to people who actually understand!

It is quite daunting to have to replenish everything. Just try to buy a little something every week and always read labels. I'm unemployed and was just rejected for disability (seeing a lawyer tomorrow - fingers crossed) so it's really hard or me to buy large amounts of products. Especially when the gluten-free food is so expensive.

Good luck!

Loey

#7 rgarton

rgarton

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Yeah I have to reapply for disability too... They aren't very understanding of our disease i must say. Especially in the early stages of diagnosis. I'm lucky to have such a supportive mother, she brought me a bulk of things that cost about 84! Bless her heart. I'm still having weird BM's, now they are just flakey and make the water turn very murky (TMI i know i know) Any idea how to make them somewhat normal again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: