This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Share Your Bisquick Recipes

gflooser

gflooser Contributor

Hi all. I just love the gluten-free bisuick! I've really only made one batch of cookies and lots of pancakes with it. Oh, and a pizza shell too. I would love to bake more with it but I'm a bit at a loss as what to make.

Tell me what you've made with the new betty crocker gluten-free recipes. I LOVE making the fruit cobblers with pie filling and the yellow cake mix! How about a good bisquit or dumplings?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Open Original Shared Link

The website has some reviews under the recipes. I have not done anything except usign it for battering chicken and pancakes.

Roda Rising Star

Here is a link to some cookies I made out of it.

killernj13 Enthusiast

3/4 cup Bisquick

gflooser Contributor

thanks all, i really appreciate it!!!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I make the pizza dough and add alittle more liquid than they call for. I add cheddar cheese, bacon and fresh chives. My kids love it! My son said it reminds him of a bacon, egg, and cheese bisquit. I bake the dough in an 8X8 greased pan. Top with a little extra cheese.

I have also made the impossibly easy chicken and broccoli from their website. Again my children loved it!

Kelleybean Enthusiast

We do the "impossible pies" sometimes ... I add Applegate Farms hotdogs and some cheddar. We tried to make pizza crust using the bisquick and my son hated it :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

modiddly16 Enthusiast

Does anyone have a recipe that isn't listed on their regular sites online or on the box? It frustrates me to no end that we can't figure out how to substitute the gluten free bisquick in for regular bisquick recipies! If someone could figure that out, it would open our world to huge delicious possibilities :)

bridgetm Enthusiast

Does anyone have a recipe that isn't listed on their regular sites online or on the box? It frustrates me to no end that we can't figure out how to substitute the gluten free bisquick in for regular bisquick recipies! If someone could figure that out, it would open our world to huge delicious possibilities :)

I don't have anything original yet, though I plan to experiment with it this summer. But have you tried the shortcake recipe on the box yet? It's really good, brings me right back to the pre-gluten-free days. We've made them a few times for dessert after dinners with my sister and her BF. Everyone loves them. They are a little dry but not as bad as some other gluten-free breads and this is easily remedied by adding a little extra strawberry juice and whip :D Heat up the leftovers for breakfast with butter, honey or fruit, or even eggs.

• 2 months later...
Roda Rising Star

Allright I have substituted the bisquik in a crepe recipe out of my kids recipe book and I have had fantastic results. My kids and I love them. They like to eat them rolled up with syrup and powdered sugar. I love making sandwich wraps out of them. I make several batches up and freeze them between sheets of waxed paper so I can pull one out any time I like. I also find them very filling. Why just this morning I made a "breakfast burito" out of one.

This recipe is from The Everything Kids Cookbook 2ND Edition by Sandra K Nissenberg, M.S., R.D.

Breakfast Crepes

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup flour (I substitute 1 cup gluten free bisquick or brown rice flour blend)

2 teaspoons oil

Appx. 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, this is my addition not in the original recipe

1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, optional

syrup, optional

1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a wisk.

2. Add the milk, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix well.

3. Add in the flour and xanthan gum. Mix until smooth.

4. In a skillet, heat a small amout of the oil over medium heat. (I use an omlette size pan because they come out the perfect size to use as sandwich wraps. About the size of a tortilla.)

5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter into the hot skillet. While holding the handle of the skillet, tilt it to spread the batter around the entire bottom of the pan. (I use a little less than 1/3 cup for my size pan so the amount will differ depending on the size of your skillet.)

6. Cook the crepe until the bottom begins to brown and bubbles form on the top. Use a spatula to slip the crepe over and cook the other side until it is brown, too.

7. Carefully slide the crepe out of the skillet and stack it on a plate. Continue cooking the remaning crepes until all the batter is used up. Use additional oil in the pan as needed.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

Nice! I'll be trying this on the weekend. Thanks for posting. I love experimenting...I just am so bad at it :)

mbrookes Community Regular

As for the Betty Crocker cake mixes, get a copy of Anne Byrn's "The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free." I have used her recipes for rum cake, cinnamon bundt, carrot cake and others. All recieved raves from even my gluten eating friends and family.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

I have the Cake Doctor gluten free book and it is AMAZING!

• 1 year later...
carolynsb69 Newbie

I just wanted to say I found this thread today. The crepes are delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Allright I have substituted the bisquik in a crepe recipe out of my kids recipe book and I have had fantastic results. My kids and I love them. They like to eat them rolled up with syrup and powdered sugar. I love making sandwich wraps out of them. I make several batches up and freeze them between sheets of waxed paper so I can pull one out any time I like. I also find them very filling. Why just this morning I made a "breakfast burito" out of one.

This recipe is from The Everything Kids Cookbook 2ND Edition by Sandra K Nissenberg, M.S., R.D.

Breakfast Crepes

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup flour (I substitute 1 cup gluten free bisquick or brown rice flour blend)

2 teaspoons oil

Appx. 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, this is my addition not in the original recipe

1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, optional

syrup, optional

1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a wisk.

2. Add the milk, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix well.

3. Add in the flour and xanthan gum. Mix until smooth.

4. In a skillet, heat a small amout of the oil over medium heat. (I use an omlette size pan because they come out the perfect size to use as sandwich wraps. About the size of a tortilla.)

5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter into the hot skillet. While holding the handle of the skillet, tilt it to spread the batter around the entire bottom of the pan. (I use a little less than 1/3 cup for my size pan so the amount will differ depending on the size of your skillet.)

6. Cook the crepe until the bottom begins to brown and bubbles form on the top. Use a spatula to slip the crepe over and cook the other side until it is brown, too.

7. Carefully slide the crepe out of the skillet and stack it on a plate. Continue cooking the remaning crepes until all the batter is used up. Use additional oil in the pan as needed.

Archived