3 replies to this topic

#1 UpbeatPete

UpbeatPete

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

The back of each RTD Muscle Milk says gluten free, however, I was looking at their protein powder today and saw where it was made in a factory with wheat products. I am feeling a bit off today and am wondering if the MM RTD are cross contaminated. I also drank one on Friday and felt a bit off too. Has anyone used Muscle Milk products and what are your experiences with them?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Slovis

Slovis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

I won't touch anything that has not been made in a gluten free factory..The only protein powder I have found that is OK is the Egg White Protein by Jay Robb, if you are not allergic to eggs.

#3 mkbriggs

mkbriggs

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hey guys, since being diagnosed with celiac disease, I've spent a ton of time researching gluten free sports supplements. My favorite protein is called Nectar and its produced by Syntrax. It's a whey protein isolate with no carbs or sugar. I'm very sensitive to the gluten content of foods, yet I can supplement my diet twice a day (pre and post workout) with the protein powder with no problems. There are a variety of flavors, and the ones that are gluten free are labeled clearly right on the front. You can find it at any Vitamin Shoppe or even online. hope this helps.

#4 GlutenGladi8or

GlutenGladi8or

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

The back of each RTD Muscle Milk says gluten free, however, I was looking at their protein powder today and saw where it was made in a factory with wheat products. I am feeling a bit off today and am wondering if the MM RTD are cross contaminated. I also drank one on Friday and felt a bit off too. Has anyone used Muscle Milk products and what are your experiences with them?

Maybe it's not the gluten. But, then again... with an ingredient statement the size of a manifest from a small regional jet... it could be any other their "other ingredients".

* Calcium and Sodium Caseinate
* Whey protein isolates and/or concentrate
* Milk protein isolates and/or concentrate
* Whey Peptides
* L-Glutamine
* Taurine
* Lactoferrin
* Maltodextrin
* Sunflower oil
* Medium chain triglycerides
* Canola oil
* L-Carnitine
* Alkalized cocoa powder
* Natural and artificial flavors
* Fructose
* Potassium Iodide
* Potassium Chloride
* Cellulose gum
* Salt
* Acesulfame Potassium
* Xanthan gum
* Carrageenan
* Sucralose
* Soy lecithin

Can I recommend that you opt for a protein powder that is all natural, gluten free and with minimal ingredients? Your body will thank you.
Brian Gansmann
20+ years of Food Marketing Experience
Specializing in Organic & All Natural Foods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: