This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trackbacks

mouse

mouse Enthusiast

What is a Trackback in Blogs? I am having enough problem trying to figure out how to post the Blogs. I wish there was a step by step list for the computer illiterate. Thanks, Armetta B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

I can't tell you what a trackback is. I was hoping someone here would know...

But I can tell you how to post in your blog. Once you set up your blog, then you can click on the "Add Entry" button in the top right hand box. Once you finish your entry, click on the "Post New Entry" box on the bottom of the page. Then you need to hit the "Publish" box on the bottom of that entry. And then you are done. (Edit: I found a new trick that I didn't know before. You can make your entry publish automatically by chooing the option to post as Published by the post new entry button. It saves a step in the process. :) )

If you don't publish the entry then it is considered to be a draft and no one else can view it but you.

God bless,

Mariann

mouse Enthusiast

Thank you Mariann for the Blog information. I need all the help I can get in that department. You said "once you set up your blog" and you must have been referring to all those little squares or questions or whatever they are. I had no idea what they meant and left them alone. I finally figured out how to publish, but that was after I had already done two entries. So my last Blog is the third. The one below that is the first and the one below that is the second. Talk about a bag over my brain. Now if someone would only let us know what a trackback is. Thanks again.

Armetta :(

Jonesy Apprentice

:unsure:

I think we all want to know what a trackback is: also permalink. I clicked on that for a couple of blogs, but don't know what it accomplished - don't know where the permalink is saved.

celiac3270, where are you? You young-uns seem to catch on so fast, I've been waiting for you to figure these things out.

Scott, where are you? Please don't leave us hanging out here with all these question marks fogging up our hazy brains.

;)

Maryellen

lbsteenwyk Explorer

I agree it would be very, very nice to have some instructions for those of us who are not familiar with blog terminology/procedures. An instruction guide that could be printed out would be great!!

jenvan Collaborator

Okay all, I went looking through cyber space for a trackback definition and here is what I found below... I guess the short of a trackback is that it allows you to reference or 'link' to a post or topic in another's blog. I think ! :blink:

Pingback lets you notify the author of an article if you link to his article(article on a blog, of course). If the links you include in an article you write on a blog lead to a blog which is pingback-enabled, then the author of that blog gets a notification in the form of a pingback that you linked to his article.

Trackback, on the other hand helps you to notify another author that you wrote something related to what he had written on his blog. So that the other author will sit up and notice that you gave him credit for something, or that you improved upon something he wrote, or something similar.

With pingback and trackback, blogs are interconnected.

Think of them as the equivalents of acknowledgements and references at the end of an academic paper, or a chapter in a textbook.

TrackBack is a type of peer-to-peer communication system that was designed to send notification of updates between two Web sites via a Trackback Ping. Ping in reference to TrackBack refers to a small message sent from one Web server to another. TrackBacks are useful for informing a Web site that you have referenced its Web site within your own Web site, and is popular with bloggers.

Archived