26 replies to this topic

#16 modiddly16

modiddly16

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

No rules! I'm just so bored with my daily food routines, I figure if there are any new products out there or ideas that I'm not aware of, here would be the place to find it!

I love gluten-free Bisquick too!! I can't eat Udi's, it makes me sick oddly enough, no other gluten-free product does that.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Me, neither. I scratch cook/bake daily because I love it so darned much! As I also teach cooking/baking classes I stay on top of culinary trends. My pantry is huge and full of all kinds of cool ingredients from our travels.

I, too, love ras el hanout et. al. My spice collection is exotic - I have almost 90. I try to purchase whole, dry roast them and grind them either in my spice grinder or M&P. Making my own spice and salt blends, rubs, BBQ sauces, sambals, ketchups, mustards, salsas, preserves, pestos and tons of sauces is my idea of fun. :P I would never, ever tire of food talk. Other than family, travel and food are my obsessions. Oh, and good books and gardening.

I've actually trimmed mine down, as I just don't go through them fast enough and things so stale when I cook primarily for one. 90! I wish. I've been thinking I need to do more herb salts. Any suggestions? My community garden has a beautiful herb section, and I'd love to preserve more of them but have limited freezer space for my typical olive oil-herb ice cubes when it's also being stuffed full of greens and blueberries to last the winter (well, as much as will fit).

To OP: If you do the rigamarole of finding the link to my blog via my profile, there is a section on my blog called the "to-cook list." That has links to a bunch of things I'd like to make, but haven't gotten around to yet. Might be a little inspiration. (If you can't find it, PM and I'll try to make the link formatting transfer.)

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#18 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

I've actually trimmed mine down, as I just don't go through them fast enough and things so stale when I cook primarily for one. 90! I wish. I've been thinking I need to do more herb salts. Any suggestions? My community garden has a beautiful herb section, and I'd love to preserve more of them but have limited freezer space for my typical olive oil-herb ice cubes when it's also being stuffed full of greens and blueberries to last the winter (well, as much as will fit).

To OP: If you do the rigamarole of finding the link to my blog via my profile, there is a section on my blog called the "to-cook list." That has links to a bunch of things I'd like to make, but haven't gotten around to yet. Might be a little inspiration. (If you can't find it, PM and I'll try to make the link formatting transfer.)

My favourite herb salts to make are orange, lemon and lime with rosemary; lemon zest, pepper and oregano; sage and lemon.

You likely do this but I love to make compound herb butters to freeze. I really like garlic, chive and lemon; chili lime; sage and lemon and so on.

And to use some basil (aside from pesto) I make blueberry basil vineger and basil jelly. Not to mention apricot chile jelly, mint, lavender, etc. Sometimes I get a bit ridiculous - I currently have 27 vinegars in the pantry (most homemade). I'm a hoarder. There. I admitted it!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#19 Menic

Menic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

The chocolate flavored Chex cereal is pretty insane.
Male, born 1979.
Diagnosed via endoscopy/biopsy 09/2010.
Gluten-free 10/2010.

#20 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Lara bars sound good..Wish I could have them are there any nut free ones?

I can't find nut free one's here so if you do let me know too!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#21 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

I haven't tried the chocolate chex yet!

Bearkat used to make this mexican rice bowl that I had for lunch like everyday. I don't think they make it anymore but I loved it!

#22 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

I can't find nut free one's here so if you do let me know too!!

Lara Bars all have nuts as far as I can tell, but Enjoy Life makes some good bars that are free of the top 8 allergens (including gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, all nuts, etc).
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#23 anna34

anna34

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

kinnikinnik tapioca english muffins (taste like a "real" english muffin - mmmmmm....toasted with butter for a real treat)

I'd love to try the Bisquick. It's made in Canada, but not sold here. :blink:
blood test "borderline" (February 2011)
no further testing
gluten-free (March 2011)
positive response

#24 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

My honest to goodness FAVORITE gluten free product is anything by Against the Grain.

#25 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

AMYLU sweet carmelized onion chicken burger (I eat these daily)

http://www.glutenfre.../product-review

Forno de Minas Gluten free Brazilian cheese rolls (to die for)I buy them at HEB grocery store.

http://fornodeminas....lls---400g.aspx
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#26 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

This is fun.

Tinkyada Penne Pasta
Udi's Bread, Hot Dog Buns, Pizza Crust.(Pretty much anything Udi's)
Pamela's Baking Mix
Schar(Almost everything is yummie)Love their pastas too!

Ok, now I am hungry LOL.

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#27 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

I might have to give Udi's a try on a weekend when I don't have much going on. The last few times I ate them, they made me incredibly sick..but I'm not sure if it was them or if I was just "off".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: