This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

GF Drinks

mario

mario Explorer

ok so what do you guys drink and, what is safe for the condition..

me-

orange juice 100% pure (tropicana, minute maid)

some soft drinks..7up

milk

coffee (instant nescafe) 100%

water

what do you guys drink??

what cheeses do you guys eat???

what yogurts do you guys eat??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Aightball Apprentice

Mario>

what do you guys drink?? I drink water (plain and flavoured), Sprite (regular and remix), Fresca, Pepsi (caffiene free for me), and hope to try coffee this week. I miss my coffee. I also have soymilk (dairy allergy).

what cheeses do you guys eat??? I gave up cheese...I tried a dairy free cheese and it sucked!

what yogurts do you guys eat?? I"m thinking I need to try a soy yogurt I have here to home, otherwise, I"ve given this up, too :(.

Susan123 Rookie

I drink, water, Coke, Dr. Pepper

Cheese- Kraft americian deli style and Kraft shredded mild cheddar

Yogurt- I wouldn't eat if you paid me! Sorry don't like yogurt!

Susan

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi Mario,

I drink water all day long. Other thinks I drink are:

green tea

herbal tea (mostly mint)

lemon water

Blue Diamond Almond milk (chocolate and original)

Arizona Iced Tea (all flavors are gluten-free)

I also make my own fresh fruit and veggie juices in my Juiceman Juicer.

I gave up sodas and black tea. I do drink coffee occasionally, but since I gave up dairy it isn't the same. I had my first cup of coffee since November this morning, since my in-laws were visiting (and had me up at 5:30am), and I used the chocolate almond milk for creamer. It was pretty good.

I don't eat cheese or yogurt.

God bless,

Mariann

Connie R-E Apprentice

The best cheese is from Cabot Farms! Open Original Shared Link I love the Hunter Sharp!

If you have a Wal-mart near you, feel lucky--you can buy Cabot cheese there at a fraction of the regular price! :P (Their butter is great, too!)

Cabot has spoiled me for other cheeses.... There is no way I can eat Kraft now! :D

**Remember that shredded cheeses (of different types) are often coated with flour so they won't stick together! :angry:

As for yougurt, well I prefer Brown Cow Cream at the Top! Yummy!! But, my son will eat Yoplait, Dannon, Danimals, Moo Tubes, and some store brands... Some of these may have some issues, but we have never had any trouble (and we would recognize trouble if we saw it! B) ). We just keep away from natural flavors, carmel colorings, questionable starches, and things you wouldn't expect to find in a good yougurt.

Drinks? I drink mostly Spring water (city water makes me see ....many colores... and get dizzy! (I'm too old for that type of thing!)

But, I'm able to drink dairy (now) and I prefer Blue Sky sodas. Also, juices like orange, pineapple, grape, and apple--most without artifical or natural flavors are okay (just juice!) . Also, herbal teas and Lipton decaf tea. Bottled wines of a good vineyard are good for me :) And, I'm about to brew up another batch of good homemade beer!

Were you looking for something particular?

Connie

mario Explorer

I'v been having black coffee 100%..water and, some juice and, 7up..I also drink rice water.. ;)

outthere39 Rookie

One thing that is bothering is the drinking aspect. Sometimes I need something that will quench my thirst, something obviously from pre-celiac days. I appreciate everyones input on the soy, but what is everyone drinking...like juices, pop or soda, to safe forms of alcohol i.e. liquors, mixed drinks and so on. Has gatorade given anyone trouble? I have look at list like the ones posted in the gluten free kitchen, but as you all know experience is the best teacher. All info will be accepted and appreciated.

-Richard :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tammy Community Regular

Hi Mario,

I drink water, water and water, some herbal teas, such as Chamomile, coffee, and the occasional light Rum, Ciroc Vodka, and some juices(rarely) and Silk Soy milk.

It sounds like you are very healthy, how has this diagnosis affected your immune system, and ability to handle carbohydrates?

By the way, is that your puppy's picture? I love puppies!

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Green Tea

Water

Tree Top Orchard Blends Juice

Country Time Strawberry summer lemonaide

• 5 years later...
oceangirl Collaborator

I drink water and sometimes hot water with raw sugar in it, coffee on weekends, sometimes V8, Minute maid OJ (occasionally) and white wine.

lisa

SGWhiskers Collaborator

Loving the lists. Keep the product names coming.

Stash tea-hot and cold

Minute Maid Calcium+D lots of pulp (watch out for the kid's multivitamin. Don't know if VitE is in it).

Silk Soy DHA-Why does it taste better? I think it might be fresher at my grocery store.

Coke/Sprite

Used to supplement with GeniSoy powdered shake mix in Soy milk

Not-Chicken Broth to boost blood pressure

Water-Ick Never liked it unless I was outrageously dehydrated.

Dreaming of the answer to the gatoraid/poweraid question before summertime gardening.

whitball Explorer

Pacific vanilla chai tea. so addictive that I buy by the 3 lb cans. Yummy

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

Diet Coke, Diet Coke, and more Diet Coke

hez Enthusiast

I drink all coke products (I do not care for Pepsi), dr pepper, gatorade, vitamin water, wine, hard cider (woodchuck says gluten-free on the bottle), most alcohol, juices and tea.

Hez

emcmaster Collaborator
Diet Coke, Diet Coke, and more Diet Coke

I love Diet Coke!

I also drink a lot of coffee with skim or half & half, water, water with crystal lite, and chai tea (stash or celestial seasonings brands).

DakotaRN Newbie

I usually drink Pepsi products usually Mt. Dew,gatorade, water, orange juice, apple juice, Coffee and wine Don't eat yogurt.

samcarter Contributor

In the morning, I drink Celestial Seasoning's Morning Thunder tea. I was drinking coffee, but got tired of making it. Tea is easier to make. :)

Rest of the time I drink water. Evenings, I like Sleepytime Tea, or Peppermint Tea. On special occasions I like to get Virgil's Natural Cola--caffeine free and gluten free. Their root beer is great too.

Occasionally drink orange juice, but not often; it irritates my psoriasis. I'm hoping that by giving up dairy, the psoriasis will calm down and OJ might become more of a regular thing.

I don't drink cow's milk, and only have soy milk if I have cocoa, which isn't often.

Alli-Ely Newbie

I've been drinking some gatorade/powerade just check ingredients on the different brands just in case. I've also started drinking a lot of water with crystal light in it which says gluten free on the package, milk, and 100% orange juice. For yogurt I eat Yoplait it tastes great and says gluten free right on the package. I hope this helps

julirama723 Contributor

I know this thread is 5 years old, but I love lists, so I'm posting anyway!

I drink water:

*plain

*with lemon slices

*with lemon and lime slices and a few drops of stevia (it's like 7up but "flat")

I drink tea occasionally:

*Tazo peppermint tea

*Republic of Tea ginger peach

*Yogi detox

*Yogi peach detox

*Yogi green

If I have alcohol, I stick with:

*white wine (I've never had a bad reaction to white wine, I stick with unoaked varieties, nothing cheap, tho I even drank $2 Chuck [Charles Shaw] from Trader Joe's and felt fine! Each person may vary, though)

*red wine (this is tougher, I've definitely noticed "gurgling" from some red wines, Big House Red I've never reacted to, nor any Ten Spoon Wines...I used to be fine with Tapena, but the last couple times I've had gurgles. The vineyard claims they are unoaked and gluten-free, so I think it's something other than gluten)

*dirty vodka martinis (made with potato vodka)

*gluten-free hard cider

I don't really drink soda. I have on occasion (probably 4 times in the last year) had Sprecher's Soda and some Diet Coke.

Archived